Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New FB dislike button: 10 dislikes = post removed
New FB dislike button: 10 dislikes = post removed
http://usatoday.com.co/new-facebook-disl...-dislikes/

Interesting.

Comment.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: New FB dislike button: 10 dislikes = post removed
....so then EVERYTHING is getting removed now? I mean it's enough that 10 people don't agree with the post....come on
(September 21, 2015 at 12:57 am)Neimenovic Wrote: ....so then EVERYTHING is getting removed now?

That is basically what is going to happen. Immaturity will reign free and people will dislike everything they disagree with.

Facebook is being retarded though. There can be a dislike button without adding the ridiculous "post removal" clause.
~ Erin Hunter
I don't like that at all, in principle (I very rarely post or even check my own FB). Removing unpopular speech is a good recipe for echo-chamber "success".

Are people still using facebook? :S
Thats discouraging.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I don't believe that's true. Zuckerberg (sp?) has been against the idea of a dislike button for years.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
What the fuck?

That's just ridiculous. I can see the effects of this being people tightening up their privacy settings. I barely use FB, but I have it set so only friends see my posts. So it's very unlikely I'd get ten thumbs down without someone simply voicing their concerns.

If more people do this tightening it's probably a good thing for safety, people lay out their lives publically way too much. But for sites which need to be public, this is going to be a nightmare. Do they seriously expect people to use this sensibly?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(September 21, 2015 at 2:50 am)robvalue Wrote: Do they seriously expect people to use this sensibly?

Not at all, because people are stupid.
~ Erin Hunter
If someone abuses reporting functions, presumably they can be disciplined. But I'm guessing this system will be anonymous, so dick heads can just merrily piss on everyone from a great height. I hope they're not seriously considering this. If they are, they seem incredibly naive as to the sheer amount of posts they are going to have to "look at", if they intend to do something other than just rip them down when they reach 10.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Will result in the censorship of views that people find objectionable.

The only good I can see of this is being able to delete those annoying "but everyone is a beautiful butterfly" crap that idiots on my friendlist keep liking. However this will be massively outweighed by the negative elements.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do people dislike Celine Dion? Foxaèr 47 7164 April 12, 2018 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: John V