Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:15 pm

Poll: ________ ?
This poll is closed.
mall
16.67%
1 16.67%
mountain
16.67%
1 16.67%
lake
0%
0 0%
douchebag
16.67%
1 16.67%
Ferris wheel
16.67%
1 16.67%
synaogue
0%
0 0%
mosque
16.67%
1 16.67%
monument
0%
0 0%
crucifix
0%
0 0%
ant farm
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today I visited the largest ______ in North America...
Today I visited the largest ______ in North America...
As it turns out, I live only 45 minutes away from the largest

in North America. It's called the   

I thought it was kind of neat.

I didn't go

but I did go to a nearby Middle Eastern restaurant. Yum.
[Image: 12049404_10156071787385641_4054829999069922855_n.jpg]
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: Today I visited the largest ______ in North America...
You should have gone inside. They are often beautiful.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Douchebag

That's what I voted for in your poll Tongue

Looks good man. Hope you had a good day.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Mediterranean and Middle Eastern food is my second-favorite kind. After Cajun, of course.

But, in both cases, you have to go somewhere they know how to make the real deal.

I'm guessing that the one right outside the biggest mosque in the USA is reliably considered authentic.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

I wouldn't know anything about mosques, but I do know good grub when I see it.
I cannot vote for any of those. I don't go anywhere except to work and then back home.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 26, 2015 at 11:11 pm)Jenny A Wrote: You should have gone inside.  They are often beautiful.
My girlfriend didn't have a veil, and I don't think women are allowed inside without one... at least I think it would be viewed as disrespectful. They're also typically supposed to use a separate door than the males (one Islamic community center I saw just a few weeks ago in Detroit had a sign on the front door that said, "Females use back door"... LOL) - I don't know if the rules are different for visitors who aren't attending service, but I just figured it would be simpler to avoid it altogether.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(September 27, 2015 at 12:20 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: I'm guessing that the one right outside the biggest mosque in the USA is reliably considered authentic.
Yeah. It's in Dearborn, which I believe contains the largest Arab-American population in the U.S. There were tons of places to choose from. We actually drove there to go to the Arab American National Museum, which is, believe it or not, the only museum in the country devoted exclusively to Arab-American history (it also, according to Wikipedia, was partially funded by Saudi Arabia - nice).
Yeah, I didn't set any records today.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
That food looks delicious. Now you've made me hungry.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3668 198561 Yesterday at 12:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 69 937 April 20, 2024 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1086 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2275 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 683 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  An interesting read concerning atheism in america. brewer 11 685 January 3, 2022 at 12:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1117 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My uncle died from COVID19 today. Jehanne 17 1097 November 26, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 515 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
  Today was a good day...why? arewethereyet 35 3552 March 5, 2020 at 5:14 pm