Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NASA about to break "Huge" news
NASA about to break "Huge" news
Just read somewhere (it's a football, or 'soccer' forum, so take this with a pinch) that NASA are about to release some "Huge" news.  Rumour has it, again, according to some football fan, that they may have found flowing water on Mars.

Sorry if this has been done, but, as you can see, the source is irrefutable.
RE: NASA about to break "Huge" news
Yeah, heard about this last night, doubt the announcement of running water will make the manned expedition to Mars happen any sooner.
Press conference in 2 hours, 16.30 BST.  It won't be, but it make my life if they announced they'd discovered life, if they find it on Mars, the universe is likely to be teeming with it.
Much more descriptive than Min's thread, might as well post link here, too. Big Grin

NASA

And/or...

http://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-t...ery-solved
Yep, liquid water has been found on Mars.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/...water-mars
I still don't see colonization happening for centuries.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Colonizing? I just wanna see them finding actual life somewhere other than our tiny blue planet, and then see how the apologetics explain Noah spreading life to other planets with his wooden boat.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

H2O2 will be useful in making fuel for a return to Earth trip. This means the outbound ship can be lighter. The initial start of manufacturing rocket fuel on Mars will be "interesting", but it's just engineering.
(September 28, 2015 at 12:40 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: Colonizing? I just wanna see them finding actual life somewhere other than our tiny blue planet, and then see how the apologetics explain Noah spreading life to other planets with his wooden boat.

If marsupials got to 'Stralia and lemurs got to... 'Gascar, I'm sure god and Noah still have a few tricks up their sleeves.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Huge ring of galaxies challenges thinking on cosmos zebo-the-fat 3 396 January 12, 2024 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  NASA: Asteroid Could Still Hit Earth in 2068 WinterHold 52 4330 November 7, 2020 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  NASA's Ceres Probe Minimalist 1 965 September 5, 2016 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Mars has flowing water according to NASA A Theist 2 1401 September 28, 2015 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: abaris
  NASA Tests EM Drive Minimalist 42 5899 May 12, 2015 at 5:02 am
Last Post: Alex K
  NASA says it's official popeyespappy 20 4603 September 14, 2013 at 9:06 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Amazing hi-res NASA pictures zebo-the-fat 3 2463 July 28, 2013 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  NASA Hubble Finds a True Blue Planet pocaracas 2 1995 July 13, 2013 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  NASA Wants to Give Our Moon a Moon thesummerqueen 14 6463 January 4, 2013 at 1:07 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Rumor Roundup: Has NASA Discovered Alien Life? downbeatplumb 7 2967 December 2, 2010 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb