Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to perpetuate a myth
How to perpetuate a myth
According to the Mirriam Webster dictionary the definition of the word perpetuate is: : to make perpetual or cause to last indefinitely. Although I am no longer a Christian, you have to hand it to the authors of the Gospels for having created a clause that allows them to perpetuate the Jesus myth indefinitely and continue to profit from the gullibility of the masses. Regarding the second coming of Christ to reclaim his church etc. Jesus allegedly said:
Matthew 24:34,35
34.Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35.Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

In another text Jesus goes as far as promising some of his followers the following:
Matthew 16:27,28
27.For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
28.Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Now here is the clincher lol these fucking Christians were geniuses!!
Matthew 24:36
36.But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Now they could keep adding years freely to the coming of Christ as they have been doing for the last 2000 years without contradictions.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

RE: How to perpetuate a myth
Quote:Matthew 24:36
36.But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Wait...wait. I thought he WAS his own father?
Min you know that the holy trinity is one of those mysteries us pathetic humans are too stupid to understand with our puny arrogant feeble minds and intellect.

But...but....it doesn't make any fucking sense!!!!!
It doesn't have to make sense it just is! Lol you have to perceive this bull shit ooops I meant truth through your spirit.

How to perpetuate a myth? Hand it to a gullible person and tell them that if they believe it, they will get to chill in Heaven and/or they get virgins when they get there. Alternatively, you could hand it to a young woman and tell her that if she doesn't perpetuate it while wearing clothing head to toe in the freaking desert, she will be stoned to death.
Hitler defined how to perpetuate a myth so well, here is his quote:
"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."

Far more effective, Shell.

Certainly explains the growth of xtianity.
(May 15, 2010 at 4:41 pm)Shell B Wrote: How to perpetuate a myth? Hand it to a gullible person and tell them that if they believe it, they will get to chill in Heaven and/or they get virgins when they get there. Alternatively, you could hand it to a young woman and tell her that if she doesn't perpetuate it while wearing clothing head to toe in the freaking desert, she will be stoned to death.

You can sort of understand the male muslim fuckwits(sorry, martyrs) when they blow themselves up.

They afterall, are expecting to get 72(presumably self renewing) virgins.

But what do the female muslim martyrs expect to get??????
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Blown up....but it beats living in that society.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Personification in Greek Myth Tea Earl Grey Hot 35 6648 March 30, 2017 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Myth of Infallibility Skeptimus Signus 45 4922 April 30, 2016 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The Evolution of a Myth Mudhammam 10 2829 March 27, 2016 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  A question about the flood myth, baraminology, and Pangaea RobbyPants 153 18684 February 29, 2016 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Does myth still have purpose? ComradeMeow 7 2534 August 20, 2014 at 2:38 am
Last Post: ComradeMeow
  Correct use of the word "Myth" The_Thinking_Theist 13 4893 January 11, 2014 at 5:54 am
Last Post: CYNIC
  Where did the Jesus myth come from? cratehorus 605 415839 September 4, 2012 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  How many miracles needed in the Noah myth? Doubting Thomas 74 34226 January 31, 2012 at 6:36 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  God is no longer a Myth Emporion 82 23759 May 20, 2011 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Emporion