Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quitting my job today
Quitting my job today
Hey guys. After crossing the ocean to study a master in engineering I got a job filling excel tables and doing burocracy.
I decided I am quitting, and I am doing it today.

Advices to approach my boss on this?

Wish me luck!!
RE: Quitting my job today
No idea...why are you quitting that could help me help
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
"Fuck you and this whole lousy company " should get the point across but it will probably impact any chance you have of getting a reference.
(October 6, 2015 at 2:42 am)marianomanto Wrote: Hey guys. After crossing the ocean to study a master in engineering I got a job filling excel tables and doing burocracy.
I decided I am quitting, and I am doing it today.

Advices to approach my boss on this?

Wish me luck!!
Tell him that you are a freelance plumber
How you approach depends on what you want to achieve. Are you quitting on your own, or are you planning to get yourself fired? If the later, just mention his wife has lovely tits.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

'I have to leave, Boss. I've got an opportunity to take a job for little money, long hours, and soul-crushing humiliation. So, you know...a step up.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Johnny Paycheck comes to mind.
Don't burn bridges.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Submit a minimum 2 week notice. Promise to either wrap up or get ready for hand off any of your current projects. Say its been great, you've learned a lot and are pursuing other options. Download and take all your contacts an work tools discreetly. Shake hands and say you'll stay in touch.

None of that has to be true B T W.
Quitting my job today
You always want to leave under good terms. It's amazing what catches up with you later in life if you don't.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 54 685 8 hours ago
Last Post: brewer
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3654 195343 9 hours ago
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1073 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2255 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 682 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  What job(s) did you have as a kid? arewethereyet 25 2107 April 25, 2021 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Sal
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1103 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My uncle died from COVID19 today. Jehanne 17 1084 November 26, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  My shit ass job just called me back up CarveTheFive 25 1967 May 9, 2020 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 508 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4