Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VA Spending on Art
VA Spending on Art
I think that there are better ways to spend these millions. The people at the top need to wake up!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fed...they-have/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: VA Spending on Art
Is the funding from the VA budget or the GSA budget?

The VA just got rid of their nuclear reactor, one might think the perpetual critics would bask for at least a moment in that victory.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Should every building be completely utilitarian with no money spent to make them look nice?

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(October 11, 2015 at 4:00 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Is the funding from the VA budget or the GSA budget?
Not exactly sure. From everything I can find it appears to be coming out of the VA budget.
(October 11, 2015 at 4:20 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: Should every building be completely utilitarian with no money spent to make them look nice?

Depends on where you want to draw the line between aesthetics and patient care. Based on their past performance I'd rather have them err on the side of patient care. I don't think the veterans not timely care would give a shit how the campus looked.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caroline Farrow got arrested, spending 5 hours in jail. Jehanne 2 663 October 18, 2022 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Art Neville Dies chimp3 5 533 July 22, 2019 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The Art of the Deal? Minimalist 1 243 September 13, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Art Of The Squeal co writer abandons Trump. Brian37 0 319 August 13, 2016 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Dallas art depicting Mo attacked. Brian37 22 2670 May 5, 2015 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Paris Museum caves to Islamic threats over art. Brian37 30 5092 January 31, 2015 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37