Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dicks Last Resort
Dicks Last Resort
http://www.dickslastresort.com/

It is a restaurant where the employees are encouraged and enabled to be absolutely rude to customers.

I can understand this providing a necessary message toward idiot customers, but what happens when it becomes a novelty and customer service still remains as dumb as it is elsewhere?

I honestly believe that we, especially here in 'Murica, allow this customer entitlement to exist greatly toward the detriment of humanity's emotional and mental health.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Dicks Last Resort
Sounds like my dream job.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
A very long time ago I went to a restaurant that catered to the after bar crowd. The service was dreadful, and intentionally rude. The food was frequently inedible, if even served. The addition on the check was always wrong and in favor of the restaurant, and if you didn't leave a generous tip the owner would scream "CHEAP FUCKER !!" at you as you left.

The place was run by one older woman with garish poorly applied makeup and she clearly and obviously had psychological, hygiene, and medical issues. She cooked, cleaned, bussed and waited tables. The place was a night mare.

It was also an EXTREMELY popular place to go after the bar just to watch the show she put on. Many brought their own food. If you were caught doing that, however, she would tip your table over.

God, I miss that place . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The fun is in taking someone there who has no clue and acting as outraged as they are.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
They used to have one in the flats up in Cleveland. My band and I went there after a show at the Odeon, so we were pretty riled up, but the old lady that served us handled us pretty well. She was raunchy and fun as hell. She zeroed in on our big muscle bound buddy and hit on him the whole time, while he played back at her. After our meal she asked him if he wanted to try her pie for dessert. When he agreed, she said "alright, but fair warning, I have crabs.", as she lifted her apron to show a little toy crab hanging in front of her crotch. Good times.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
They had one in Dallas when I was there in 2000.  Fun place in a shit town.
(October 12, 2015 at 12:00 am)Kitan Wrote: http://www.dickslastresort.com/

It is a restaurant where the employees are encouraged and enabled to be absolutely rude to customers.

I can understand this providing a necessary message toward idiot customers, but what happens when it becomes a novelty and customer service still remains as dumb as it is elsewhere?

I honestly believe that we, especially here in 'Murica, allow this customer entitlement to exist greatly toward the detriment of humanity's emotional and mental health.

My dad just went to one a few days ago, for the first time. He had so much fun, he posted the pics to Facebook.

He's bald, so they made him a giant paper hat with rude things scrawled all over it. He wore it proudly.

He asked for napkins, and the waitress threw him a stack of them, which went everywhere. He asked for a large-sized lemonade to drink, so they brought him one with literally 40 straws in the glass. 

He can't stop talking about it. Even called me today to ask if I'd seen the pictures on FB, even though I'd already "Liked" each of his posted photos.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Their customer service and food is actually good. Just comes with a side of "yanking your chain"!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Last Movie You Watched Foxaèr 5399 439577 March 26, 2024 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 549 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1587 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2035 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1655 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer
  Save the best for last person brewer 23 1808 September 16, 2021 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The last person to post wins ! Leo34 13901 946715 May 13, 2021 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1041 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Last movie you didn't watch Fake Messiah 43 2688 November 16, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Will AF last forever? Jehanne 68 5699 May 22, 2019 at 5:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4