Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So pleased I could just shit
So pleased I could just shit
I've wanted a true HD TV for my bedroom for about 6 months.

I bought one accidently today. An LG 50inch plasma, it was $1000 off list . Full HD, it has USB input (will play Divx and AVI ) and has a 250GB HD recorder built in). It's wonderful!

I played 'I'm a poor old pensioner' and got free delivery and set up.

Been planning this for some months and only went 20% over budget.

A bit pleased.
RE: So pleased I could just shit
How did you buy it accidentally? The 250GB HD recorder will be great...just imagine, you can record up to 20 movies! XD
(May 20, 2010 at 4:48 am)Tiberius Wrote: How did you buy it accidentally? The 250GB HD recorder will be great...just imagine, you can record up to 20 movies! XD

I had not intended to. I had been researching on line,and had pretty well decided on a Samsung,at $1650. Went into a local discount place to see one working. Had no intention of buying .

Walked out of the shop having spent $2000 I hadn't intended to spend; THAT is my definition of an accidental purchase.

WHY? I REALLY liked it and REALLY wanted it. I do not drink,smoke, gamble or go out with dancing girls, my house is freehold,I have no debts and do not use credit. So I'm able to be little self indulgent sometimes

It's also therapy.A shrink once told me I have a tendency to be mean to myself. I do my best to overcome that tendency.Big Grin

Now set up set up in my bedroom.Last night watched Avatar in Bluray. Loved it. Tested the recorder,it's spiffo.
Quote:I do not drink,smoke, gamble or go out with dancing girls,

You should consider starting.

Big Grin
(May 20, 2010 at 7:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I do not drink,smoke, gamble or go out with dancing girls,

You should consider starting.

Big Grin

I agree.
\O/ Yay!
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
At least the dancing girls.

Preferably pole dancing, they're a lot fitter.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
We recently upgraded to a Samsung 58 inch plasma full HD. They were clearancing them out at Best Buy and we got lucky, there was one left. $1499.00. No recorder with it, but we have a DVR threw Dishnetwork. The TV is a beautiful thing. I orgasm over it every time I watch it Big Grin
binnyCoffee

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ya little shit! ignoramus 4 895 September 21, 2015 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: strawberryBacteria
  Where to get free shit BrokenQuill92 0 677 January 7, 2014 at 8:53 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Trying to diet? WELL HARDEN UP AND TRY THIS SHIT!! Creed of Heresy 13 2066 May 26, 2013 at 12:26 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  The History Channel Has Gone To Shit Minimalist 17 6460 August 1, 2012 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  More Stupid Shit From The Ark Crowd Minimalist 3 1221 September 12, 2011 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Could be a ghost?? Darwinian 22 5664 December 1, 2009 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: littlegrimlin1