Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The History Channel Has Gone To Shit
The History Channel Has Gone To Shit
Their weekly "Prime Time" Schedule.

Quote:Sunday 7/29 >> Time Zone: EST

8/7c Ice Road Truckers: Proving Ground
9/8c Ice Road Truckers: Braking Bad
10/9c Cajun Pawn Stars: Bird Brains
10:30/9:30c Cajun Pawn Stars: Knocked Up
11/10c Shark Wranglers: Line of Fire

Monday 7/30 >>

8/7c Pawn Stars: Out of Gas
8:30/7:30c Pawn Stars: Cannons and Klingons
9/8c American Pickers: Feudin' Pickers
10/9c Pawn Stars: Over the Moon
10:30/9:30c Pawn Stars: Cash is King
11/10c Picked Off: Outside the Box

Tuesday 7/31 >>

8/7c Pawn Stars: Late Night Chum
8:30/7:30c Pawn Stars: Sharpe Shooters
9/8c Ancient Aliens:The Da Vinci Conspiracy
10/9c Ancient Aliens: Aliens and Bigfoot
11/10c Ancient Aliens: The Doomsday Prophecies

Wednesday 8/1 >>

8/7c Cajun Pawn Stars: Knocked Up
8:30/7:30c Cajun Pawn Stars: Bird Brains
9/8c Cajun Pawn Stars: All Shook Up
9:30/8:30c Cajun Pawn Stars: Mail to the Chief
10/9c Picked Off: Radio Fight
11/10c American Restoration: Cannonball Safe
11:30/10:30c American Restoration: Sticky Fingers

Thursday 8/2 >>

8/7c Pawn Stars: Spidey Cents
8:30/7:30c Pawn Stars: Peacemaker
9/8c Pawn Stars: Mile High Club
9:30/8:30c Pawn Stars: Looney Dunes
10/9c Great Lake Warriors: Collision Course
11/10c Ice Road Truckers: Braking Bad

Friday 8/3 >>

8/7c American Pickers: California Dreamin'
9/8c American Pickers: Getting the Boot
10/9c American Pickers: Automotive Archaeology
11/10c American Pickers: The Emu Chase

Saturday 8/4 >>

8/7c Pawn Stars: Bare Bones
8:30/7:30c Pawn Stars: The Great Escape
9/8c Pawn Stars: Harrison for President
9:30/8:30c Pawn Stars: Chum-p Change
10/9c Pawn Stars: Crosby, Stills and Cash
10:30/9:30c Pawn Stars: Bossy Pants
11/10c Pawn Stars: Hell Week
11:30/10:30c Pawn Stars: Rick's Bad Day

When Ancient Fucking Aliens is as close to "history" as you get it is time to change your name to "THE DUMB SHIT CHANNEL."
RE: The History Channel Has Gone To Shit
I used to joke that they should have called it the Hitler Channel back when it seemed that all they broadcast was WWII documentaries.

In retrospect, I miss those days.
Yeah, they really need to change the network name to "Reality Shows Featuring Dumbass People Doing Shitty Jobs."
These are history, for joe the plummer.
Any show that has any semblance of history is now only on their secondary channel, H2, and main channel is almost entirely composed of reality shows. They still show, however, some of the cool shows about WW2 and other wars on the Military channel.

That being said, I do really like "Pawn Stars." Some really interesting shit comes through their doors.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
all that sounds like an a&e channel's set up, well the last time i watched cable anyway. then that one got taken over by intervention and hoarders. i love when you're in someone's home and can hear them but can't find them thru the fuckin piles of mess. it grosses me out and astounds me at the same time.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
Some (not all) of those people have extreme cases of OCD and are as grossed out as you are. Strange how there can be two ends of that spectrum. There are the super neat who can't stand a mess and people who are so indecisive and scared that they cannot throw things away. I envy neither.
i hear that. yeah, some like you said and some i think they're just fuckin messy and have separation disorders.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
This is why I don't own a television with cable. I have one in my daughter's room, and all that comes in is PBS, and some Canadian cartoon channel. The one in my living room is only good for playing video games and watching netflix. I used to love the history channel. The only shows I give a shit about watching are all online.

I'm a documentary fanatic. Here's one of my favorite websites: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/

Fuck the history channel. I got fed up with it back when they started all that Nostradamus bully bull.

(July 31, 2012 at 3:54 pm)jackman Wrote: i hear that. yeah, some like you said and some i think they're just fuckin messy and have separation disorders.

Yeah, some are just old sloppy people who I think have not nearly enough family support. I saw one where a very old woman was living surrounded by her own used diapers. The daughter was all upset and saying how her mom had never let her in. Fuck that! Never, ever in my lifetime will my mother stew in her own shit. I would have found a way to fix that problem stat. I would rather see her in a shelter with caring social workers than in a situation where she is alone and in that much danger from contamination.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best song in the history of mankind WinterHold 25 1548 August 28, 2018 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  The History of Dragons Mechaghostman2 5 572 March 13, 2018 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
Video Alternative World History trustyoursources 8 1349 March 17, 2017 at 6:53 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ya little shit! ignoramus 4 889 September 21, 2015 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: strawberryBacteria
  So, is anyone familiar with the "Solving History with Olly Steed" series?s abaris 0 1049 September 1, 2015 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: abaris
  National Geographic Channel: T. Rex Autopsy Secular Elf 1 1063 June 7, 2015 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Where to get free shit BrokenQuill92 0 671 January 7, 2014 at 8:53 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Great Austrialian youtube documentary channel Something completely different 0 913 July 22, 2013 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  Trying to diet? WELL HARDEN UP AND TRY THIS SHIT!! Creed of Heresy 13 2037 May 26, 2013 at 12:26 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  History Channel's "The Bible" - In Under 10 Minutes pocaracas 13 3948 April 22, 2013 at 5:24 am
Last Post: Dragonetti