Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
homebrewing
homebrewing
Anybody here make their own beer/wine/mead/cider etc?

It's brew-weekend here. My husband is going to make a partial mash brown ale. I'm probably going to do a gallon of elderflower cider.
RE: homebrewing
Mmmm yummy share some with me!

I'd love to learn to make my own. And I'm not even much of a drinker I just love the taste of alcohol.
I don't, but I intend to!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

It's not too hard, and it's fun. Beer involves a bit of steeping and boiling, so it takes a bit of time, but the meads and ciders I've done pretty much just involve throwing some things in the bucket. Most of the time is spent waiting for it to ferment/age/whatever. And then you have the added pride of having made it yourself! Plus, you have so many more options than what you can buy at the grocery store.
A moonshiner! hehe

Out of curiosity, tell an ignoramus how mead is different to beer ... They love it in Skyrim.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Mead is a honeywine. Basically, you water down some honey. I have a few I've added some berries to and one with cinnamon in it.

And moonshining is illegal. For shame!

Not that I'll never try distilling. My sister-in-law made a tasty tasty applejack a while back.
Please share some with me Blush
(October 16, 2015 at 8:45 am)ignoramus Wrote: A moonshiner! hehe

Out of curiosity, tell an ignoramus how mead is different to beer ... They love it in Skyrim.

If you order beer, you get laughed at in Valhalla...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Do I get to haz taste yet? Blush

Can you send me some on Amazon? I'll save some money Blush Should have enough in a few years... can I owe it you? I want haz ur homebrew Blush
Haha, if you wanna come over you can have some. No charge Wink