Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Concert I went to Yesterday!!
The Concert I went to Yesterday!!
Fuck this was like the best gig ever!! And being there it sounded and felt and looked even better of course!!

Fucking legendary. I found one video on youtube of the performance... someone uploaded one of the songs they played somewhat towards the end...

The Same River by Riverside at the Ritz in the UK, Manchester 22nd October 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ngvreXDo1U
RE: The Concert I went to Yesterday!!
Looks pretty cool. I bet it was a great time. I had never heard these guys before, but their arrangement and style reminds me a lot of Faith No More, especially the Angel Dust album. I wouldn't at all be surprised if these guys are fans.
It was a fucking amazing time hehe.

They formed in 2001, they have 6 albums so far. This song performed is actually the first track from their first album.
Yeah, I'm listening to it right now on spotify. I'll definitely have to check out more of their stuff.
I haven't heard FNM before... but I started listening to that Angel Dust Album now. They remind me more of King Crimson than anything - FNM that is. Riverside don't really remind me of anyone, they're similar in Epic awesomeness to Porcupine Tree but they certainly have as many differences as similarities.
That looks awesome, best turtle! I super missed you but I'm glad you had a great time! Big Grin
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Yay! I'm so glad bestest Kitten Losty is happy for me! I had an amazing time but I'm glad to be back! I super missed you too! Big Grin
From the Riverside Wikipedia article:

"Riverside can be described as a blend of atmospheric rock and metal elements, resulting in a sound similar to that of Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, The Mars Volta, Opeth, Dream Theater, and Tool, while still maintaining an identity of their own."
BUMP

More from the tour, Saturate me like in Philadelphia last month:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjuV8ilfXqk
(October 23, 2015 at 1:22 pm)Evie Wrote: I haven't heard FNM before... but I started listening to that Angel Dust Album now. They remind me more of King Crimson than anything - FNM that is. Riverside don't really remind me of anyone, they're similar in Epic awesomeness to Porcupine Tree but they certainly have as many differences as similarities.

They're one of those bands that's pretty much unlike anyone else, but pretty much everything Mike Patton, the lead singer, is involved with is that way.  They just released their first album in 18 years, and I think it's some of their best work.  This song, which is from the album before Angel Dust, is also what reminded me of Riverside a bit. Keep in mind it's from 1989.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Devil Went Down, to what we all do. Brian37 1 527 July 6, 2020 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Rock Concert etiquette? TaraJo 20 2159 February 28, 2017 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  What was you first concert KUSA 40 4283 December 22, 2015 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: lisah