Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was you first concert
What was you first concert and where / when was it?

Me:
Van Halen 1984 Tour.
February 3, 1984
Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, NC

[Image: 665cbf1d5f1f22b1e7f67654d3e486da.jpg]
RE: What was you first concert
Got close to going to a Donna Summer concert in Milwaukee (or maybe Chicago?) back in the day, but wound up not going.

When I was a kid my parents took me to a Pat Boone one, probably around 1965, does that count ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

A Cooper, Billion Dollar Babies, 1973, Lincoln NE.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I think my parents took me to the B minor mass when I was like 4. Does that count?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

My parents took me to some Chopin concert when I was 4-5. I only recall the endless boredom, enlivened by innocent but much resented efforts to disturb all other concert goers.
Garth Brooks, No Fences. I was probably 6 or 7 and my parents made me wear ear plugs. I remember that he came out on stage in a blue shirt and black cowboy hat and the concert opened with Thunder Rolls.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(December 20, 2015 at 1:14 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Garth Brooks, No Fences. I was probably 6 or 7 and my parents made me wear ear plugs. I remember that he came out on stage in a blue shirt and black cowboy hat and the concert opened with Thunder Rolls.

I'm going to see him in concert soon. I can't remember the date but the wife already got the tickets.
1981, I saw Makem and Clancy at Bunratty Castle. Family connection - Tommy Makem was my godfather.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Metallica, Portland Oregon, 1992. My friend and I drove over the mountains the weekend before our senior finals. Twice (because we ended up going back with my brother and our boyfriends to see them a second time!). They put on a great show.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Kiss. Ted Nugent and a Sebastian-less Skid Row opened. Not a huge fan of any of them, but as far as "show" goes, I won't see anything like it for a long time.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Logan" is the first Marvel movie I'm interested in seeing since the first Avengers Aegon 30 4644 March 19, 2017 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Jesster
  Rock Concert etiquette? TaraJo 20 2154 February 28, 2017 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  The Concert I went to Yesterday!! Edwardo Piet 19 2180 October 29, 2015 at 9:24 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet