Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter
As my avatar might indicate, I'm a big Monster Hunter fan.  I bought Monster Hunter 4U about 5 months ago and have loved the game since.  

I've gotten to the late game and am now G3.  

We have any other fans in this forum?
RE: Monster Hunter
(October 25, 2015 at 3:12 pm)Mikazuki Wrote: We have any other fans in this forum?

Big Grin At least one!

My first game was Tri, and I was really awful at it initially. I couldn't even beat Great Jaggi. I guess people do say these games have a steep initial learning curve.

After putting ~300 hours into that 3U came out and I played that for ~500 hours. I could tell that I had gotten better since I kept my level one leather armor until after Ceadeus.

I have maybe 70 hours in 4U, but my sister is the one who owns the 3DS, so I can only play it when I'm home on break. At this rate I'll probably never finish it...
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(October 25, 2015 at 6:35 pm)Darkstar Wrote:
(October 25, 2015 at 3:12 pm)Mikazuki Wrote: We have any other fans in this forum?

Big Grin At least one!

My first game was Tri, and I was really awful at it initially. I couldn't even beat Great Jaggi. I guess people do say these games have a steep initial learning curve.

After putting ~300 hours into that 3U came out and I played that for ~500 hours. I could tell that I had gotten better since I kept my level one leather armor until after Ceadeus.

I have maybe 70 hours in 4U, but my sister is the one who owns the 3DS, so I can only play it when I'm home on break. At this rate I'll probably never finish it...

If you work really hard at the caravan quests, you can beat the single player game in no time.  

Multiplayer however ... it lasts forever.   FSM Grin

What rank in the caravan quests have your reached?
Another HUGE MH fan here! xD

I logged 500+ hours in Tri and then 500 more in 3U. I also have MH4U, but I haven't played all that much since hitting G-rank. I've completed all of the offline content that I can so far, including the Caravaneer's Challenge. I would have played more, but I've had a horrible time in this game of finding any good groups to play with online. :/
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin
(October 26, 2015 at 2:13 pm)Strider Wrote: Another HUGE MH fan here! xD

I logged 500+ hours in Tri and then 500 more in 3U. I also have MH4U, but I haven't played all that much since hitting G-rank. I've completed all of the offline content that I can so far, including the Caravaneer's Challenge. I would have played more, but I've had a horrible time in this game of finding any good groups to play with online. :/

300 hours here in mh4u.  Have you done any of the guild quests yet?
I've completed very, very few of the guild quests, and practically none of the DLC quests.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin
(October 26, 2015 at 5:22 pm)Strider Wrote: I've completed very, very few of the guild quests, and practically none of the DLC quests.

You've got time to play nowadays?  I'm unemployed so I have nothing but time for the most part.  Tongue
Actually, yeah, I probably do! I know I'll be busy tomorrow, but I might not have to work Wednesday because of rain. I should know if it is going to be dry enough for me to work by tomorrow. I'll drop you a PM then.

It'd be a good to find somebody to play with regularly. I don't know if I've just had bad luck with MH4U or what, but the randoms I've encountered are usually...eeeeeh. I really want to get more into the game so I can collect G armors and such (that's sort of my thing Tongue ).
(October 26, 2015 at 12:53 pm)Mikazuki Wrote: What rank in the caravan quests have your reached?

I think I'm one or two stars into high rank. For some reason I found Daimyo Hermitaur to be fairly difficult, which is strange considering that I obliterated (almost) everything up until that point. Shagaru was my first (and so far only, I think) quest fail, but I blame having forgotten to take a meal. Najarala was also annoying, but that's probably because I was using a relic weapon at the time that had yellow sharpness... *Bounce* *Bounce* *Bounce* *Bounce*

I tried using starting armor in this too, but I at least wanted good abilities. When I realized that the leather set no longer gives speed gathering, I had to go for something else. I ended up using mostly Velocidrome armor, and now I have Attack up (XL) and Negate Stun as my abilities.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
I am a fan of monster hunter i remember playing a lot but and wishing i had a second analog stick.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monster Hunter: World Foxaèr 5 565 May 18, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr