Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To the fallen/ Memorial day
To the fallen/ Memorial day
Today is memorial day; it is a day that every citizen of this country is supposed to take time out of his busy schedule to remember the fallen. The millions of men and women who died on the worlds many battle fields for God and country. That is what the government tells us, and that is generally what they are honored for, but there is more to it than that. Others say that they died and gave the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedoms and that their sacrifices are a constant reminder that freedom isn't free.

Alot of these so called motives are nothing more than lies and ruses perpetuated by our government with the intent to gain some resource or commodity that would simply build our empire. Everything a government does has as a real purpose that is unknown to us; ulterior motives. The government does not care about its citizens or you and I as individuals, this is evident when you first enlist in the military. You are no longer a citizen you are a G.I. (government issue) and you are treated as such.

Once you join the military you are robbed of your identity, you are no longer free. You are ordered to maim and kill and not ask questions as to why. A good soldier follows orders and obeys those in his chain of command to the point of dying if necessary to protect our land and the things we hold dear. They are told that they are fighting for the right to live free, that they fight for the freedoms of the generations of loved ones they cherish:.

Some of us were not meant to serve this country: once they discovered that what they once believed was nothing more than a mask of lies with the intent to make someone richer. To steal from a foreign country that may have the resources we need to prosper. When you enlist in the service you get to experience a true dictatorship and only those that are willing to play dirty and turn a blind eye to the abuse and excesses of their government become successful.

What we are not told is that many of those men and women who died had done so for all the wrong reasons. For example some people join the military to secure a better future for themselves and their loved ones, others feel the need to serve their country, some want to go to college and learn a trade, but what the recruiter does not tell you is that these aspirations may cause you your life and you may never achieve them.

Those that have died in Americas conflicts have given up so much more than their lives. They have given up their mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, wives, children. Under the ruse of love of country, they have literally given up everything they ever had in this life. They have left behind everything they held dear and adored to what they believed was to protect our freedoms. But this day is not about America, freedom, or the lies of politics and politicians, it's about people who were brave enough to answer the call. And even under orders and against their will they ran in front of a hail of bullets, bayonets, and swords, to fight for what the believed.

As a former Marine myself, and I say former because I was able to awaken before I was deceived and overwhelmed by my government to sacrifice my life. I personally honor all of my fallen comrades in arms whose hopes and dreams went down to their graves with them. To those who never made it back home, or got to see or kiss their children goodnight, or tell their parents how much they loved them, who never got to see all of those they held dear in this life. Rest in peace, and may you never be forgotten.

Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.
Oscar Wilde

This content is just something I wrote it is original and came from the heart. Feel free to comment or post opinions.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

RE: To the fallen/ Memorial day
Quote:Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

-- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

* It is sweet and honourable to die for one's country.

And it was a load of shit when Horace said it, too. We've just lost our 1000th man in Afghanistan. 3/4 of them died because Bush was an idiot and the last 1/4 have died because Obama is afraid to pull the plug.

Is it so "sweet and honorable" to die because your leaders are assholes?
That is so true Min and only those that have seen and lived life through the eyes of a soldier could fully understand the hardships and internal conflict that many of them faced.

Amen brother. Testify!
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Soldiers fight for each other.

Noble causes are invented by people who stay home.
I feel a large measure of respect for those who fell in battle, regardless of whether or not the country was right in sending them into it. Those men and women died doing their jobs. The wars they died in weren't their fault. I can hold the government responsible for their deaths, and I do, but that does not lessen my respect for the soldiers themselves.

On the other hand, I do not feel that being a 'soldier' commands automatic respect the way a lot of Americans do. There are a lot of people in the military that are not worthy of respect no matter what jobs they hold. I know a few. Horrible people that joined up so they could "get paid to kill Camel Jockeys". I do not respect those people.
Min you are absolutely correct! In the heat of battle' freedom, liberty, god and country are the last things on your mind. It's all about the man next to you who you fight and bleed with till the end if necessary. I completely agree Paul, I've met my fair share of scum bags in the military. And I too blame the government for sending our young men and women into conflicts to help them prosper off of the blood, sweat, and tears of those that die in combat. Many come out scarred mentally and physically and all they get is a fucking medal or two and a check that is usually not enough to live off of due to the high standards of living. Many of the homeless here in New York City are veterans of the various conflicts this country has been involved in.

Well if we are going to quote people:

"No one ever won a war by dying for his country. You win a war by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his".
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."
"Any excuse will serve a tyrant."

--Some Greek

Edit: It was Aesop.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silly FB memorial. Foxaèr 0 303 November 10, 2016 at 5:00 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Atheist Forums Memorial Something completely different 62 11962 November 3, 2013 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Owlix