Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hacking the KKK
Hacking the KKK
Although I don't like hacking/hackers I can't but feel good about this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/anon...1799101e7f
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Hacking the KKK
You can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs.
Anonymous should stick to exposing the government or illuminating illegal activity. I have a big issue with violating the privacy of individual citizens no matter how loathsome they may be. Who's next? Whoever Anonymous decides; very dangerous.
(October 29, 2015 at 3:54 pm)Cato Wrote: Anonymous should stick to exposing the government or illuminating illegal activity. I have a big issue with violating the privacy of individual citizens no matter how loathsome they may be. Who's next? Whoever Anonymous decides; very dangerous.

I lived near the Chicago area at the time of the Skokie march.  No doubt about it, I find the Klan disgusting, however, I was impressed with the ACLU's  work on their rights, and that a Jewish lawyer headed their court case.

And just a few years later, I joined the Illinois ACLU.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Giving the KKK its comeuppance is definitely great, but I agree with Cato in that cheering this on may not end well. As much as it sucks allowing this organization to exist, the realm of free expression is not anyone's to regulate.
While these hacker groups have so far targeted organizations I think everyone can agree are 'bad', what constitutes "bad" is highly subjective. What happens when they start deeming other groups 'bad' and start hacking them?

While I despise the KKK and their mindset, I think it is venturing into awfully dangerous territory supporting hacking them and exposing their members. About the most I could personally support is reporting individuals who have committed/are planning to commit actual crimes to the appropriate authorities and forwarding any digital evidence. However, gathering in field dressed up all funny and burning a cross or stomping on a flag and chatting about how much you hate other groups isn't illegal and no ones business what these people do as long as it's within the scope of the law.
[Image: 08.jpg]
Anonymous is just as dangerous if not more. How sure can anyone be that there'll be no innocents mixed among those thousand exposed? Most people don't verify facts, rather they'll use any opportunity they get to accuse and hate on others. Anonymous already made mistakes in the past, and if left unchecked they can easily ruin lives or more...
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Hacking is illegal for good reasons.

Anonymous seems to be operating on the premise that the ends justifies the means.

As much as I dislike hackers, if any group is going to be hacked, it should be groups like this...
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 29, 2015 at 4:05 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I lived near the Chicago area at the time of the Skokie march.  No doubt about it, I find the Klan disgusting, however, I was impressed with the ACLU's  work on their rights, and that a Jewish lawyer headed their court case.

And just a few years later, I joined the Illinois ACLU.

"I hate Illinois Nazis"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ukFAvYP3UU

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beating your meat. A hacking story. Brian37 35 2156 June 5, 2021 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  KKK in Northern Ireland? Duty 39 2435 October 30, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Good news guys! The KKK isn't racist anymore! Chad32 7 2625 March 27, 2014 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD