Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello and Blessings!
Hello and Blessings!
Look, I know I might not fit in here well.

I know you guys are probably unhappy, and wounded, angry at God, angry at the world.

It makes me so sad to hear that Sad

But I am here.. to give a positive voice to Christianity. I am sure many of you grew up religious but fell away ( due to a misunderstanding or something...)

So... Lets find out about eachother Cool !
RE: Hello and Blessings!
(October 29, 2015 at 2:36 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: Look, I know I might not fit in here well.

I know you guys are probably unhappy, and wounded, angry at God, angry at the world.

But I am here.. to give a positive voice to Christianity. I am sure many of you grew up religious but fell away ( due to a misunderstanding or something...)

Don't tell atheists they are "angry at God".  Are you angry at the Tooth Fairy?  No?  Why?  The Tooth Fairy doesn't exist.  Neither does god.  I'm not even remotely upset with an entity that doesn't exist.  The people who think he does, though, are just rude and abusive and offensive.

Now, if you can let god TALK FOR HIMSELF and show up, I might change my mind.  Not until then.

Welcome to AF.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Welcome. Please stay here* as long as you want.

*implies the introduction section, rest of the forum is filled with meanies, so venture there at your own risk Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(October 29, 2015 at 2:36 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: I know you guys are probably unhappy, and wounded, angry at God, angry at the world.

$20 says you didn't get this little gem of knowledge from an atheist.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(October 29, 2015 at 2:36 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: Look, I know I might not fit in here well.

Why would I be angry at something non- existent?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

*Sigh* give up, kid.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(October 29, 2015 at 2:36 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: But I am here.. to give a positive voice to Christianity.

You know, I tried the same thing about 15 years ago at a ex-christian website. 

Boy, was I pompous! 

I didn't know it then, but I understand it now.

By the way, I have to ask; how do you see yourself as being different from others who visit here? I presume you must see them as not being "a positive voice to Christianity." So, how do you differ?
"My imagination makes me human and makes me a fool; it gives me all the world and exiles me from it."

Ursula K. Le Guin
Welcome friend.
Have a blessed day!

Remember, Jesus is on our side.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
How exactly can I be mad at your imaginary friend?

Welcome.

Interesting you assume atheists are angry at god and the world or left the church over'misunderstandings'. One would have to believe in a god to be angry at him or her (and say you did believe in a mythical sky being, how would you even know which god to be angry at? Was it Zeus or Thor who fucked you over? Who knows!). And I for one don't need a book or the fear of burning for all eternity being to be an overall happy, decent person and contributing member of society.
[Image: 08.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blessings/Greetings to all here. Nishant Xavier 10 1196 June 15, 2023 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5999 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates