Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blessings/Greetings to all here.
Blessings/Greetings to all here.
Hi All. I'm Nishant Xavier, a Christian from India. I work as an Investment Banker in Wells Fargo. I have an MBA Finance and more recently cleared an educational certification called FRM (Financial Risk Manager). Those in finance would probably recognize it, others probably not. It is from a US organization, but internationally recognized. Anyway, philosophy/religion/spirituality etc are among my passions in my free time. I also very much believe in humanity working together to abolish poverty and hunger, which is more possible in our generation than it's ever been before. I plan on writing a book not long from now: "Why I believe in Jesus: 20 Reasons to be Christian" which is in progress. I have a website but not giving it here as I think that's against the rules. Anyway, that's pretty much it about me. Look forward to engaging and pleasant conversations with all of you. 

God Bless.
RE: Blessings/Greetings to all here.
(June 13, 2023 at 4:35 pm)Nishant Xavier Wrote: Hi All. I'm Nishant Xavier, a Christian from India. I work as an Investment Banker in Wells Fargo. I have an MBA Finance and more recently cleared an educational certification called FRM (Financial Risk Manager). Those in finance would probably recognize it, others probably not. It is from a US organization, but internationally recognized. Anyway, philosophy/religion/spirituality etc are among my passions in my free time. I also very much believe in humanity working together to abolish poverty and hunger, which is more possible in our generation than it's ever been before. I plan on writing a book not long from now: "Why I believe in Jesus: 20 Reasons to be Christian" which is in progress. I have a website but not giving it here as I think that's against the rules. Anyway, that's pretty much it about me. Look forward to engaging and pleasant conversations with all of you. 

God Bless.

It looks as though judgement has been passed on you. 

Normally within seven hours after someone new posts a greeting, people reply with "welcome" or "bring the tacos" or other things. But not in this case, I guess.

Also your thread on necessity and contingency has been deleted. 

Of course the moderators here have the right to shape the forum as they wish. It's not up to me. But the Internet is big and I hope you find a site which is more appreciative of your talents.

I had hoped to hear interesting things from you about economics. A man from India with your education might well have a different take on things like BRICS currency or the Belt and Road Initiative from we usually get. But I guess it's not to be.

Good luck to you anyway.
Thank you, Belacqua. I want to comply with applicable rules, so I'll make sure not to add links till 30 days and 30 posts are up. I think that was an issue. Other than that, as you said, it's up to the forum moderators. As for me, I continue to look forward to pleasant chats with you and others here.

God Bless.
Welcome.

I haven't been on much recenty, so have been posting very little.
Dying to live, living to die.
Hello
Welcome
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Cthulhu don't want no blessing. Just snacks.
(June 14, 2023 at 9:00 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Cthulhu don't want no blessing. Just snacks.

Snacks and beer
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Welcome new entity.

Must be kind of tough living in a community and having a religious belief that's in the minority there. I personally wouldn't know anything about that.

You can keep the blessing, I get enough unwanted/insincere blessings here.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Welcome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from Serbia! :) EvolucijaSvesti 12 776 November 16, 2023 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Greetings deleted 6 814 June 7, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Greetings!! jonahhockey34 7 1295 October 26, 2022 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Greetings Pnerd 13 1263 May 21, 2022 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda