Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantum Consiousness
Quantum Consiousness
Have you heard the theory that Heisenberg's uncertainty principle proves that our thoughts create reality?  I don't see how they got that.  So particle behavior is affected by our observations...OK, but is particle behavior affected by our intent?  Has anyone even tried to will a particle to behave a certain way while observing it, standing around the supercollider saying, "come on, come on, daddy needs a brand new Corvette" like people do at the roulette wheel?

Any thoughts at all?
RE: Quantum Consiousness
Doesn't sound very sound, to me.

At what point did reality form? Because we know we evolved and single celled organisms can't have thoughts. And how we then evolve from single celled organisms if there was no reality?
(November 1, 2015 at 7:00 pm)Mathilda Wrote: At what point did reality form? Because we know we evolved and single celled organisms can't have thoughts. And how we then evolve from single celled organisms if there was no reality?

That being the case, and reality being what I define as the material realm, reality predates consciousness.
(November 1, 2015 at 7:26 pm)Combanitorics Wrote:
(November 1, 2015 at 7:00 pm)Mathilda Wrote: At what point did reality form? Because we know we evolved and single celled organisms can't have thoughts. And how we then evolve from single celled organisms if there was no reality?

That being the case, and reality being what I define as the material realm, reality predates consciousness.

If reality predates consciousness, then consciousness cannot create reality. QED.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
More Depak Chopra crapola.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 1, 2015 at 7:49 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 1, 2015 at 7:26 pm)Combanitorics Wrote: That being the case, and reality being what I define as the material realm, reality predates consciousness.

If reality predates consciousness, then consciousness cannot create reality.  QED.

Boru
If reality predates consciousness, then consciousness is not the original creator of reality.  Now I just need to prove that consciousness, being here now, also does not really effect reality in a significant way, certainly that intent does not alter the natural course of physical processes.
(November 1, 2015 at 6:19 pm)Combanitorics Wrote: Have you heard the theory that Heisenberg's uncertainty principle proves that our thoughts create reality?  I don't see how they got that.  So particle behavior is affected by our observations...OK, but is particle behavior affected by our intent?  Has anyone even tried to will a particle to behave a certain way while observing it, standing around the supercollider saying, "come on, come on, daddy needs a brand new Corvette" like people do at the roulette wheel?

Any thoughts at all?

I would love to find some scientific proof of the existence of telepathy and psychokinesis.  They make for such great scifi and horror stories.  And yeah, I would love to be able to go to a craps table and win some free money by thinking at the dice.  

Russians were supposedly running tests on ESP back in the 70's - maybe earlier.  People keep trying.  But in 2008, Harvard researchers ran a large battery of tests while subjects were in an MRI scanner.   They compared the brain patterns of people taking ESP tests with people running regular cognitive tests.  They found no pattern difference in the ESP tests vs. regular cognitive function.  So, just like scientific evidence for god, there is also still no scientific evidence for telepathy, precognition, telekinesis, etc.   Here's one article on the subject:  http://www.ibtimes.com/sixth-sense-scien...sp-1539320
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
In the past I've had some particles (arranged in the right way) impact my perception of reality. Luckily that went away within 12 to 24 hours. It was a nice place to visit but probably not livable.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

That's where God willed us into existence! Do you finally get it now?

No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quantum Mechanics PROVE afterlife! bladevalant546 7 2300 November 27, 2013 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope