Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I like Trump better
I think I like Trump better
To be honest, I really liked Trump better as the Republican front runner.

It's kind of a gamble really. I think, though, that given Trump's immature nature, and everything about him, if he were the leader it would be more comforting that a Democrat would win. I think in a poll there was something where republicans said that if Trump became the republican candidate they would vote democrat. If he were the candidate, I think a lot of republicans would be voting democrat due to the sole fact that they know Donald shouldn't actually become the president. Now that Carson seems to be leading, I feel that he isn't nutty enough to make republicans switch to democrat.

I feel that Trump's ridiculousness would be a safety net, so that if someone like Bernie Sanders won the Democratic party, it would be clear cut even to those opposed to idea's who should be president.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: I think I like Trump better
You've got a whole collection of assholes to chose from.
I think when all the smoke and dust clears it will be Marco Rubio and Hillary Clinton.  The youthful, fresh and energetic Rubio will beat out the tired, old, establishment candidate Clinton.
I wonna see that debate between Bernie and Trump. Be like a bit like watching grandma step in a ring with mike tyson
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Trump reminded the trailer-trash base of the GOP of his plan to deport 11 million people and has surged back to the lead.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_c..._looks_now

Quote:Friday, November 13, 2015
The outsiders are still leading the pack in Rasmussen Reports’ latest look at the Republican presidential primary race following Tuesday night’s debate.
Our latest national telephone survey of Likely Republican Primary Voters shows Donald Trump with 27% support. Twenty percent (20%) say they would vote for Dr. Ben Carson if the GOP presidential primary were held in their state today.
Senator Marco Rubio of Florida picks up 16% of the vote, while 13% prefer Senator Ted Cruz of Texas. Eight percent (8%) say they would vote for former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, while support for ex-Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina has fallen back to four percent (4%).

The base wants a show which requires a showman.  The money wing of the party would probably settle for Rubio but all that has to be done to discredit him in the trailer parks is to remind them that he was part of the Gang of Eight plan which proposed a path to citizenship.  No matter how onerous you make that, its amnesty as far as the base is concerned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang_of_Ei...gration%29
(November 14, 2015 at 3:21 pm)Lek Wrote: I think when all the smoke and dust clears it will be Marco Rubio and Hillary Clinton.  The youthful, fresh and energetic Rubio will beat out the tired, old, establishment candidate Clinton.

The Buffoon who push the envelope of buffoonery will beat out the candidate who tries to stay away from buffoonery?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is republic better than monarchy? FlatAssembler 18 979 September 13, 2022 at 12:03 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What do you think is Trump's next move? WinterHold 42 1794 October 8, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1065 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why wasn't Trump destroyed like Michael Jackson? WinterHold 11 1262 January 2, 2020 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1655 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  Christianity as religious institution in politics over islamic is sadly almost better Kimba02 3 307 April 11, 2019 at 6:55 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36916 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
Shocked Do you think Trump will be arrested or kicked out of the White House soon? WinterHold 32 3789 July 25, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: John V
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2235 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Laws Are No Better Than The Fuckheads Who Enforce Them Minimalist 2 623 April 3, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist