Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 5:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wants to be a millionaire
Who wants to be a millionaire
Pat is appearing on the television quiz show 'Who wants to be a Millionaire'. He has already reached the £64,000 mark but he only has one lifeline left which is to phone a friend.

"You've done really well to get this far Pat" the quizmaster says, "the next question is worth £125,000 if you decide to play. Are you ready?"

"Sure" Pat nods.

"On screen is a photograph of a current Manchester United player as a small baby." the quizmaster continues, "The question is Pat, and don't forget this is for £125,000, which player is it?"

Pat looks at the picture on screen for a while and says "I'm pretty sure it's Ruud Van Nistelroy... No, I'm sure it is... Can I phone a friend just to check?"

"OK" the quizmaster asks, "Who are going to phone?"

Pat answers and pretty soon the phone is ringing and his best friend Mick picks up at the other end. The quizmaster explains the situation to Mick and Pat asks him the same question.

Without any hesitation Mick replies "No, that's definately Paul Scholes "

Pat looks concerned now "Are you sure Mick, I'm convinced that it's Ruud Van Nistelroy?"

"Definately" Mick replies.

"Well" the quizmaster continues, "You've used your lifeline, now I need your answer"

"OK" says Pat, looking nervous now, "But I'm sure it's Ruud Van Nistelroy, that's my final answer... Ruud Van Nistelroy."

"You had £64,000 Pat, If you're right you win £125,000, if you're wrong you leave us with the money you've got so far..." There's a tense drum roll and the music dips before the quizmaster speaks again

"Sorry Pat, you were wrong. Never mind, you've been a great contestant and you've won £64,000. Here's your cheque and thanks for playing."

As the audience start to applaud Pat asks, "What was the correct answer, it's killing me!"

The quizmaster replies, "Louis Saha."
RE: Who wants to be a millionaire
(June 14, 2010 at 6:38 am)British_Atheist Wrote: Pat is appearing on the television quiz show 'Who wants to be a Millionaire'. He has already reached the £64,000 mark but he only has one lifeline left which is to phone a friend.

"You've done really well to get this far Pat" the quizmaster says, "the next question is worth £125,000 if you decide to play. Are you ready?"

"Sure" Pat nods.

"On screen is a photograph of a current Manchester United player as a small baby." the quizmaster continues, "The question is Pat, and don't forget this is for £125,000, which player is it?"

Pat looks at the picture on screen for a while and says "I'm pretty sure it's Ruud Van Nistelroy... No, I'm sure it is... Can I phone a friend just to check?"

"OK" the quizmaster asks, "Who are going to phone?"

Pat answers and pretty soon the phone is ringing and his best friend Mick picks up at the other end. The quizmaster explains the situation to Mick and Pat asks him the same question.

Without any hesitation Mick replies "No, that's definately Paul Scholes "

Pat looks concerned now "Are you sure Mick, I'm convinced that it's Ruud Van Nistelroy?"

"Definately" Mick replies.

"Well" the quizmaster continues, "You've used your lifeline, now I need your answer"

"OK" says Pat, looking nervous now, "But I'm sure it's Ruud Van Nistelroy, that's my final answer... Ruud Van Nistelroy."

"You had £64,000 Pat, If you're right you win £125,000, if you're wrong you leave us with the money you've got so far..." There's a tense drum roll and the music dips before the quizmaster speaks again

"Sorry Pat, you were wrong. Never mind, you've been a great contestant and you've won £64,000. Here's your cheque and thanks for playing."

As the audience start to applaud Pat asks, "What was the correct answer, it's killing me!"

The quizmaster replies, "Louis Saha."

I don't get it. Am I missing something?
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
Louis Saha is black and the other two guys mentioned are white. Still not very funny, but thanks for playing.
Terrible terrible joke. Far too long, and it requires too much thinking before you can get it (and once you've got it, it isn't funny). Jokes that are that long should at least have an epic punchline.
Somebody push BA off the bridge please.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(June 21, 2010 at 9:18 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Terrible terrible joke. Far too long, and it requires too much thinking before you can get it (and once you've got it, it isn't funny). Jokes that are that long should at least have an epic punchline.
And for that matter, if you don't know British football, It's impossible to get until you do some wikipedia searching. Hell, I can barely even remember my own home town's major sports franchises. I think it's the White Sox, Black Hawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Bears. And, apart from Michael Jordan, I can't remember any names of players.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Did anyone else notice the futility of *phoning* a friend in order to answer a picture question?

I don't think there is a single part of that joke that works...
That and the fact that all the questions on that show are multiple choice so.. epic is the fail in this one.
The comments after this joke were more funny....LOLOL....

However, I'll give the original poster 2 stars out of 5 for trying...Tongue ...Smile
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm about to be a multi-millionaire! The Grand Nudger 46 3101 May 27, 2018 at 12:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump Wants You to Rate Him! chimp3 12 1636 February 12, 2018 at 11:10 am
Last Post: GUBU
  God Wants You... Diamond 1 1085 May 28, 2011 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Darth