Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abortion denied in Brazil of a fetus without a brain
Abortion denied in Brazil of a fetus without a brain
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-8776-...ut-a-brain

This kind of shit makes me really sick.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Abortion denied in Brazil of a fetus without a brain
Quote:a fetus developing without a brain.

I can see why they think it would make a fine catholic, though. If it's asshole is intact the pervert priests will be lining up.
(June 16, 2010 at 3:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:a fetus developing without a brain.

I can see why they think it would make a fine catholic, though. If it's asshole is intact the pervert priests will be lining up.

If she can't abort it, she should probably put the body in a basket, and place a note on the doorstep of the headquarters of whichever archdiocese this takes place in, that says:

Dear Archbishop Scherer (apparently, this is supposed to happen in Sao Paolo, and that's the name of the current Archbishop of Sao Paolo),
According to you, we have to bring this brainless baby, so, we decided that You raise it.

And hopefully, if similar things happen to every diocese in the country, they'll probably be much less hard-line on this issue.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
How will it survive without a brain?
(June 16, 2010 at 5:36 pm)darkwolf176 Wrote: How will it survive without a brain?

It's already qualified to be a bishop.
(June 16, 2010 at 5:36 pm)darkwolf176 Wrote: How will it survive without a brain?

That's the point, it won't. So why make the mother suffer through a pregnancy to birth a child that won't live? It's probably painful enough as it is knowing that her child won't survive, let her end the pregnancy so she can go on living.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(June 16, 2010 at 6:05 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote:

That's the point, it won't. So why make the mother suffer through a pregnancy to birth a child that won't live? It's probably painful enough as it is knowing that her child won't survive, let her end the pregnancy so she can go on living.

That is truly horrible Sad
'Horrible' doesn't even begin to express how fucked up this is. Somehow it isn't surprising, though. And people try to convince us that religion doesn't cause any harm. It's a shame that they are so wrong about that.
(June 16, 2010 at 7:28 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: 'Horrible' doesn't even begin to express how fucked up this is. Somehow it isn't surprising, though. And people try to convince us that religion doesn't cause any harm. It's a shame that they are so wrong about that.

What's worse is that, to the Catholic Church, having an abortion for any reason, even if it is to save the life of the mother. And, in fact, many of the defenders of this extreme stance refuse to acknowledge that such circumstances exist.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Unfortunately, the baby can be quite capable of survival. I have read of cases where only the limbic part of the brain forms, but nothing else. So the body is able to function on autopilot and even grow.

So the parents will be burdened with a vegetable that will never be a person.
And of course euthanasia is right out of the question.

As to this bit......
"The Catholic Church responded by excommunicating the girl’s mother and doctors, but not the stepfather who raped her."
It only reinforces my belief that the Catatonic church is fundamentally a pedophile organisation.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abortion dialogue I've been having... tavarish 103 31389 June 25, 2010 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Meatball
  Links to Spirituality Found in the Brain fr0d0 28 9509 February 18, 2010 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: tavarish