Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I lost my heart today.
I lost my heart today.
Today is a very sad day for me. A while back, I made this post about a person very dear to me, whom I called "Lucas." A couple of weeks ago he was hospitalized because he was having trouble breathing. It turned out that he had pneumonia, and was put on a ventilator. He seemed to be getting better after a few nights and they sent him home. A couple of days later, the same thing occurred. This time while in the hospital he went into cardiac arrest and his parents were less optimistic. As I explained in the past post, his life expectancy with the disease he has isn't great. However, things took a turn for the better, and once again, and he was taken off the ventilator. This was on Monday. Everyone thought he would be coming home by the end of the week. His sister, who is a nurse, believed he had a good 2 years left.

Well, last night I received a phone call around 4:30 am from his sister, saying that he had choked again and things weren't looking good. I contacted his dad about three hours ago, and was told that he had entered hospice care and wouldn't make it through the night. I was at school, about to go to class, so I told my teacher that after the test I would have to leave. I got to the hospital... It was horrible. His mother, father, his two older sisters, and his best friend Justin were gathered around his bedside, in tears. Two minutes after I sat down and they told him "Sean is here," he died. His sister said he had been waiting for me. As I said before, he is like my little brother. There are no words. He was only 20 years old... so I never did get to take him to that titty bar. 

I just got home about 45 minutes ago, and I can't really wrap my head around this yet. Before the first hospitalization, everything seemed relatively fine... just.. fucking sucks.

Rest in peace my friend.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: I lost my heart today.
Very sorry for your loss.

It's never easy losing someone.

Big hugs
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm so sorry, Nestor.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
You have my deepest condolences!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Very sorry, Nestor.

Life is not fair...but that doesn't help much.
Sorry for your loss, it's a shit world.

Sounds a lot like how my Dad went actually. He died minutes after his friend arrived too strangely.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

My heart goes out to you my friend
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Double post
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
It's good that you were able to get there before he died. It's going to be difficult for you, having been witness such a traumatic event, but I'm sure your being there at the end mattered to him. His family as well.
Oh, man, I'm so sorry. That's a rough thing to go through. Take care of yourself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3668 198499 Yesterday at 12:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 69 937 April 20, 2024 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1086 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2275 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 683 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1117 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My uncle died from COVID19 today. Jehanne 17 1097 November 26, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  What we really lost in all this shit... Gawdzilla Sama 7 1152 April 20, 2020 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 515 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
  Today was a good day...why? arewethereyet 35 3551 March 5, 2020 at 5:14 pm