Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BB Mobile Version / Full Version
BB Mobile Version / Full Version
Hi guys . . . mods . . . whoever does the programming side to AF, I could use some help. I logged on from my work computer. I went to User Control Panel, hoping to find a skin that was less obviously atheist, so the boss wouldn't see it and freak out.
I clicked on MyBB Mobile Version, and yes, the big beautiful banner is gone. But a lot of the full version's functionality went with it. I want to change back to full version, but it won't let me. Do I need to delete some cookies, clear a cache, ?? Please help!
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: BB Mobile Version / Full Version
Scroll down to the bottom and click "Switch to Full Version"
Go onto Christianforums.com.
I keep trying, Tiberius. It doesn't do anything. I'm using Chrome, btw. Windows 7 at work, windows 10 at home.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Um, why would I ever want to go there?
I just logged into your account and changed the setting. Does it work now?
I don't know about Chrome, but on Firefox there's a dropdown option to "request desktop version" of whatever page you're on. It doesn't always work, depending on the site, but it works enough here to allow me to do my Staff duties; where I have to keep switching between desktop and mobile (I use my 'phone quite a bit).

Have you tried going into your user control panel, clicking on Edit Options, and unchecking the "Use a mobile version if I visit from a mobile device?" option in the Other Options section?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 20, 2015 at 8:08 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I just logged into your account and changed the setting. Does it work now?

Yes.  You're a genius, Tiberius.  Thank you!!!!    Worship
In that case, please don't read my previous post. Smile
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 20, 2015 at 8:09 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I don't know about Chrome, but on Firefox there's a dropdown option to "request desktop version" of whatever page you're on. It doesn't always work, depending on the site, but it works enough here to allow me to do my Staff duties; where I have to keep switching between desktop and mobile (I use my 'phone quite a bit).

Have you tried going into your user control panel, clicking on Edit Options, and unchecking the "Use a mobile version if I visit from a mobile device?" option in the Other Options section?

I'll check it out Stim, thanks.  Tiberius fixed the settings for me.     Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  User profile mobile issue tackattack 0 672 November 18, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Giving kudos no longer available on mobile version? Foxaèr 4 1297 May 29, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Can't rep on mobile Aegon 15 2287 February 20, 2018 at 7:32 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Videos not showing up on mobile Aegon 6 1630 December 5, 2016 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Can't get back to full version LostLocke 3 1179 August 28, 2016 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Suggestion: AF app or at least a mobile version of the forum rado84 36 6059 August 4, 2016 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  My computer is stuck in mobile mode. Socratic Meth Head 1 1180 March 31, 2016 at 11:36 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  mobile theme is not fitting to screen pocaracas 6 1369 March 29, 2016 at 6:08 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Mobile rep button BrokenQuill92 2 1306 February 18, 2016 at 6:16 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Suggestion: Bring back alerts for mobile version. Iroscato 2 1406 October 13, 2015 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Iroscato