Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tourettes (water canopy thread)
Tourettes (water canopy thread)
Within the last 12 months I've started exhibiting the symptoms of tourettes syndrome. I'm not sure what brought this on. I'm in my twenties now and so unexpected changes due to puberty is no rational explanation. In any case, this is irrelevant. The question is this:
What sort of divine creator would be intelligent enough to create something as magnificent as the human form whilst simultaneously being so incompetent as to make said form susceptible to an incurable mental ailment which randomly decides to give you whiplash every so often?
Hoi Zaeme.
RE: Tourettes
(December 12, 2008 at 9:37 pm)rjh Wrote: Within the last 12 months I've started exhibiting the symptoms of tourettes syndrome. I'm not sure what brought this on. I'm in my twenties now and so unexpected changes due to puberty is no rational explanation. In any case, this is irrelevant. The question is this:
What sort of divine creator would be intelligent enough to create something as magnificent as the human form whilst simultaneously being so incompetent as to make said form susceptible to an incurable mental ailment which randomly decides to give you whiplash every so often?

Hi Rjh, sorry to hear that. My dad was diagnosed with MS in his late 50s (he is 68 now and severly disabled ) and my sister was born with epilepsy and mild learning difficulties, so I have wondered this myself. What can I say? It seems impossible to reconcile sickness etc to a loving creator. I haven't thrown the baby out with the bath water just yet though.
"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility"

Albert Einstein
I have Tourettes! Welcome to the gang that gets constantly mocked by comedians. I fucking love it Smile
(December 13, 2008 at 4:52 pm)CoxRox Wrote:
(December 12, 2008 at 9:37 pm)rjh Wrote: Within the last 12 months I've started exhibiting the symptoms of tourettes syndrome. I'm not sure what brought this on. I'm in my twenties now and so unexpected changes due to puberty is no rational explanation. In any case, this is irrelevant. The question is this:

Hi Rjh, sorry to hear that. My dad was diagnosed with MS in his late 50s (he is 68 now and severly disabled ) and my sister was born with epilepsy and mild learning difficulties, so I have wondered this myself. What can I say? It seems impossible to reconcile sickness etc to a loving creator. I haven't thrown the baby out with the bath water just yet though.

Thank you for the sentiment but don't be sorry. Its nothing serious or life threatening, just a tad annoying. I feel sympathetic towards your family members, particularly your dad who appears to have been robbed of his life in the prime of it. Perhaps i should expand my profile a little since stating NA as my religious views seems to have caused a tiny speck of confusion. I haven't believed in anything remotely super natural since some mormons visited me and said "think about it". However, I am interesting in finding out just how the religious justify saying life is designed considering its many flaws.

(December 13, 2008 at 10:36 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I have Tourettes! Welcome to the gang that gets constantly mocked by comedians. I fucking love it Smile
I know you have Tourettes, I've seen your video blog Tongue
Thanks for the welcome into the exclusive group.
Hoi Zaeme.
(December 13, 2008 at 10:36 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I have Tourettes! Welcome to the gang that gets constantly mocked by comedians. I fucking love it Smile

Lol! I have a complete sketch about Tourettes in my stand-up comedy show. =D

Tourettes seems like an awful thing to have, though. =s
Isn't it annoying to just be walking down a busy street and shouting words like "fuck" or "shit" (or like my friend who has tourettes: ) "hard knockers"?
dog·ma
n. pl. dog·mas or dog·ma·ta (-mə-tə)
1. A doctrine or a corpus of doctrines relating to matters such as morality and faith, set forth in an authoritative manner by a church.
(December 14, 2008 at 4:52 pm)Baird Wrote: Lol! I have a complete sketch about Tourettes in my stand-up comedy show. =D
I reckon me and rjh should demand royalties... Tongue
Yeah, that'd be interesting to watch Tongue
Hoi Zaeme.
hm... Tourettes, just to confirm thats when you swear uncontrolably or is this something I best of wiki'ing?
Is "Sonic the Hedgehog" a religion?
Most people with Tourettes do not swear. Thats about 20% of sufferers who unfortunately are the ones that attract the most attention. The rest of us have tics that involve various muscle spasms.
Ah, I see. Just asking to be precised.
Is "Sonic the Hedgehog" a religion?