Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GS Warriors one win away from setting new NBA record for most wins to start a season
GS Warriors one win away from setting new NBA record for most wins to start a season
Loved last season when they won their first championship in 40 years.  Fifteen consecutive wins with out a loss in an 82game season.  How good are these guys?  Is it possible to simply forget how to lose?  The style they play is beautiful to watch and they are so deep.

Okay, just had to get that off my puffed up chest.  *takes a couple of deep breaths*
RE: GS Warriors one win away from setting new NBA record for most wins to start a season
Oh, I wonder who started this thread?

Is this not the sarcasm thread?
I sowwy. Big Grin
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: GS Warriors one win away from setting new NBA record for most wins to start a season
Coming into the season, I thought Golden State could make a run at 70. Hell... they might make a run at 80.

I like them to at least make it into December, which would put them at 19-0. At Indianapolis on December 8 might be tough, as it will be 1) their fifth straight road game and 2) their third road game in four days. If they win out until then, they'd be 22-0.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
I thought they'd probably lose one last week with Toronto and Clippers/Chicago back to back before playing Denver last night. Three very strong teams in four days didn't seem promising. When you look at who is coming up, I think you're right that the consecutive away games looms larger than any particular opponent though Indianapolis is certainly capable of putting up stiff competition.

A run of twenty would be very impressive but not as impressive as a 70 win season. Looking ahead I wonder how well they'll be able to keep the team together if they do win another title. Between Barnes and Ezeli, if they can't keep both, I think they have to take Ezeli even though Barnes is an excellent fit here. I sure hope they don't go after Durrant. He is excellent but we don't know how well he'd fit into a total team approach.
And the deed is done. 16 - 0 to start the season. The longest such streak in NBA history. Now, how long will it take them to remember how to lose? Just how badly to they have to play in combination with another team playing well in order to end this thing?

I'm guessing it could come as early as Saturday against the Suns or Monday against the Jazz. Both are good teams and both games are away.
Damn! Twenty one wins and counting to start the season. Won a close one against Toronto with Bogut and Barnes out. Big test this coming Tuesday against the Pacers.
And now Indianapolis has been dispatched. Looks like clear sailing through to Lebron and company on xmas day. Not that any NBA team can't be incredible for a night. And some day the Warriors might dislike losing a little less than they do today. Who knows? Anyhow, 23 and 0. Not a bad start.
Check score: Indiana 21 GS 17
Look away for, like, 30 seconds
Check score: GS 40 Indiana 24
(Spit take)
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
This is by far the best NBA start in history. Comparing other sports becomes tedious for several reasons, including the simple difference in competition level and nuances of the game. For instance, how do you compare this to the '72 Dolphins undefeated season (can't beat that start). That said I think it's unreasonable to ever think and NBA team will go the entire season undefeated simply due to the number of games played.

Baseball is sufficiently different that I think the 35-5 start of the Detroit Tigers is superior, but there's no objective way to decide this. I would also place the '03-'04 Arsenal start above the GS start despite having draws in their incredible run, but again that's in consideration of the differences in the game.

Just throwing this out for conversation and am not taking away anything from the Warriors. It's truly a remarkable feat.
Ah Basketball, along with Hockey the only popular American sports I've failed to get into yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which TV game show would you win? Fake Messiah 6 803 January 18, 2023 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  It' s never too late to start onlinebiker 2 398 October 18, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Setting up TV remotes, a "Kill me" event. Brian37 35 1667 September 30, 2021 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  photos that prove Afghanistan is one the most beautiful places on earth. WinterHold 71 9642 September 6, 2021 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  The last person to post wins ! Leo34 13901 945888 May 13, 2021 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  First snow for the season. onlinebiker 31 2359 November 1, 2019 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Game of Thrones final season [spoilers] arewethereyet 328 22618 May 28, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Star Trek Discovery Season 2 is Good Mechaghostman2 28 3321 March 25, 2019 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Couldn't stay away. Foxaèr 2 269 January 31, 2019 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Most memorable New Years onlinebiker 8 535 January 1, 2019 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama