Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donlad Trump and the future of the Republican Party
Donlad Trump and the future of the Republican Party
For all the American atheists/forum users out there, what are your thoughts on Trump and his policies? Does he scare you guys?

He very much resembles Ronald Reagan, albeit more corrupt and a lot more xenophobic.  
It really surprises me how in other Western democracies, almost all their traditional conservative parties have liberalized socially in order to tap into the millennials and progressives who are fiscally conservative. Why can't the Republican party do the same?

1. Do you really think Trump has a chance? 
2. If he loses the nomination and runs as a third candidate how will things change?
3. If he does become president do you think he will be able to bring about his radical changes?
4. Do you think Hillary is our best bet for the Democratic party?
5. Will hate crime against atheists go up?
RE: Donlad Trump and the future of the Republican Party
The problem is you're focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.
(November 24, 2015 at 5:28 pm)Funt Clap Wrote: The problem is you're focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

That was very unintended. This is a forum for thought and reflection. If you have nothing useful to contribute to this discussion than to simply ridicule the person asking a question, then please dont respond. This is not about my daily grind or whatever. 
And your superiority complex shows when you demonize others by saying things like "few brain cells you have". Who are you to judge other people?

No.

2. If he loses the nomination and runs as a third candidate how will things change?

The republicunts will come in 3'd

3. If he does become president do you think he will be able to bring about his radical changes?

No.  (He's not "the boss"  he has to work with a congress many of whom will consider him an idiot.

Yes.  (For now.  Watch Cory Booker and Gavin Newsome in the future.)

Non sequitur.  Has nothing to do with Trump.
(November 24, 2015 at 5:24 pm)TheMonster Wrote: For all the American atheists/forum users out there, what are your thoughts on Trump and his policies? Does he scare you guys?

He very much resembles Ronald Reagan, albeit more corrupt and a lot more xenophobic.  
It really surprises me how in other Western democracies, almost all their traditional conservative parties have liberalized socially in order to tap into the millennials and progressives who are fiscally conservative. Why can't the Republican party do the same?

1.  No I don't
2.  That will guarantee the democratic nominee a victory
3.  No, the President is still has to get through Congress which would be even more chaotic under his rule
4.  No, for the party I would say Bernie Sanders
5.  Is this a thing?  Not sure what it has to do with politics/trump
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
He is quite the right wing extremist. The most recent story I've heard is that he wants muslims to wear something on their clothing to easily identify them in the states. Not unlike the jews in nazi Germany. Unfortunately I think he does have a chance to be the republican candidate. It seems Ben Carson does too. One would think if Bernie gets past the primary, and his opponent is someone like Donald or Ben, he'd have a super easy time, but I wouldn't guarantee it.

I think even the establishment doesn't like Donald. They want Jeb.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

1. He won't win neither will the republicunt's
2. Democrats already looking good for another win way to go Libertarians.
3. He wouldn't be able to do shit even if he wanted to seriously nuke the middle east congress would say no.
4. Between Bernie and Clinton both are good but.. seriously Bernie should be the winner.
5. Hate crime against atheists it all goes back to the church and religion and also people who teach that hatred.
I could go further and say if you teach hate against something like not believing in god chances are you probably hate
other things as well. Hate is taught at home and at church enough said.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(November 24, 2015 at 5:24 pm)TheMonster Wrote: For all the American atheists/forum users out there, what are your thoughts on Trump and his policies? Does he scare you guys?

1.  No. Red meat politics really only plays in the primaries. He will lose the general election if he gets that far.

2.  He'll ensure a Democratic win, and the GOP will loathe him until the end of time.

3.  He'll discover that being a CEO is not the same as being President, and his fantasies about doing as he damn well pleases will crash and burn.

4.  Yes.

5.  Why would they?
Just when I think America couldn't ever vote in a stupider republican than the last one they surprise me. The basic principle. Never underestimate the stupidity of the American population.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(November 24, 2015 at 6:18 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Just when I think America couldn't ever vote in a stupider republican than the last one they surprise me. The basic principle. Never underestimate the stupidity of the American population.

It's as if the double-whammy of W. in '00/'04 and Palin in '08 emboldened the idiots and lunatic fringe to such a degree that now anything goes. If you think the GOP is fucking crazy now, just wait until '20 if Clinton wins next year.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funeral or reveal party? c172 57 7395 August 14, 2023 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  My Life As A Republican Ahriman 47 2858 June 8, 2023 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Future Headlines Foxaèr 41 2448 November 14, 2022 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Future Buzzwords onlinebiker 3 574 January 14, 2020 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ultimate Dinner Party onlinebiker 10 933 October 23, 2019 at 11:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker