Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does americans have it harder than any western countries?
Does americans have it harder than any western countries?
Just in terms of pressure. Like i know USA is nr.1 superpower in the world. I just assume parents might be more pressurable on children or something. But i might be wrong, maybe Japan or some other asian countries have it worse in terms of that. But i assume expectation are needed in some cases. And it doesn't help the fact that many fundamentalists are active in those areas Tongue
Technology, foreign policy, world politics.. and the fact that USA is the center of attention due to it being world's powerful super power.

Just wondering your views on it in general?
RE: Does americans have it harder than any western countries?
Americans have a harder time avoiding bullets.
Tell us again how the poorest country in the west is a super duper power!
I missed it the first 3 times...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
The number of people not actually 'working' and therefore not actually contributing to society is approaching 100,000,000.

So, I'd say there is less pressure to succeed/produce/excel here than there is some/most other countries. The United States 'invented' the obese poor person, in all of human history, there had never before been such a phenomena.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

We've got it good, so long as you're not in a combat zone ... or a cardboard box ... or a soup kitchen ... or a hospital ...

Yes.

[Image: donald-trump-500x333.jpg]
American children are constantly told that they live in the bestest and greatestest nation on earth, and then half the country can't even get their teeth repaired without going broke, everyone is imprisoned, and people get shot all the time. That kind of disconnect has got to cause some distress...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

We love slogans telling how great we are.  Saves us the trouble of actually doing anything.
I thought the US WAS a Western country O_o
(November 26, 2015 at 12:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: We love slogans telling how great we are.  Saves us the trouble of actually doing anything.

If it can be made into a soundbite the US seems to lap it up. Like the "three strikes your out" madness for crimes.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Wars - does it have a future? The Valkyrie 129 12944 May 9, 2020 at 5:22 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A man dies and goes to Purgatory, is allowed to have any questions he wants answered Heat 1 1023 January 23, 2016 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Americans!!! Darwinian 42 11486 September 22, 2010 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Entropist