Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 5, 2024, 12:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am oversensitive
I am oversensitive
I cry all the time when watching movies. Why not? The emotion that is emoted from the movies is an obvious indicator for me to cry.

Music affects me much in the same way. Music, I understand and know, is an indicator toward emotional needs.

When understanding religion and how it affects certain individuals, one must also take into account how something incorporated into the religion affects how some people respond to it.

Imagine being an ordinary individual who got invited to a church where you get to listen to something.

Certainly, you get to listen to the sermon, whatever it may entail. In fact, the sermon bores people.

Then the music and singing begins. Automatically, there is a core connection in relation to what is presented.

It has nothing to do with the content of what is being presented. Rather, the music itself it the key.

But I am still an atheist, because I understand the difference between emotional delusion and reality.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: I am oversensitive
Perception is reality.
(November 26, 2015 at 3:01 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Perception is reality.

Perception can be convoluted by slight of hand.

Reality does not rely upon sight. Rather, it relies upon science.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I'm also extremely sensitive. The smallest thing can sometimes send me into floods of tears. Sometimes I have no idea why, either.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Do animals cry? Why is man the only one who can be very animated when crying!
Do animals need to hide it evolutionary speaking so as to not show any signs of fear or weakness?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Animals certainly do need to hide it. It's a sad fact that can mean a pet can be suffering and hide it from their owner, to the point where getting them help is too late once it becomes critical.

As far as I know, crying (emotionally) is unique to humans. I'd be interested to know if that's wrong. I don't know much about the processes involved. Maybe a way of showing your emotions much more clearly has been an evolutionary benefit to us.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(November 26, 2015 at 4:16 am)ignoramus Wrote: Do animals cry? Why is man the only one who can be very animated when crying!
Do animals need to hide it evolutionary speaking so as to not show any signs of fear or weakness?

While "animals" may need to hide it in the wild, domesticated animals can be extremely animated when they're "crying". I watch my (actually, my roommate's) dog when she's obviously feeling empathy for the neglected dog next door. Her whole happy demeanor changes into one that is obviously concerned and worried when Sadie starts making a fuss (and rightly so; I've called the authorities on them a few times). She gets really sad to the point she's audibly crying, and then extra affectionate with the people who love her.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
I avoid e.g. movies which manipulate my emotions too much or in ways I might not want. Ml
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Empress: You bet, I should have said some animals. Certainly some of them can be extremely good at expressing emotions, even if they don't do it in quite the same way as us. My little doggy is incredibly sensitive too. She can tell when I am sad, and she always comes over to comfort me.

Quantum to: Me too. In my case this extends to cartoons as well such as The Snowman/dog. My wife always wants us to watch this together at Christmas but I can't do it.

Index of my best videos
I know you get it, Rob. I was only responding to ig on that one Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.