Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New trend in evolution deniers.
New trend in evolution deniers.
The monkey trial was not enough, the recent Dover trial was not enough. Now the new tactic is to argue that DNA disproves Darwin. What do we have to say to counter that bullshit here.
RE: New trend in evolution deniers.
...I am too tired to pay attention to such nonsense
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Well, HOW do they argue that it disproves Evolution? That would be kind of important to know first...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Unfortunately, if you value an educated society, you have to fight idiots like Ben Carson, and the Texas School board.
(November 28, 2015 at 12:37 pm)Quantum Wrote: Well, HOW do they argue that it disproves Evolution? That would be kind of important to know first...

This.

I need to know how they're arguing the ridiculous fact before I counter it.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Unfortunately this maroon has 87k gullible morons buying her pseudo science. https://twitter.com/A_M_Perez and there are unfortunately even more out there, I am dealing with one of her followers right now as I type this.

Stupidly trying to claim since I say that we share DNA with fruit, that means evolution claims a banana gave birth to a human, they cannot fucking understand TIME and adaptation make life look different.
Awesome. So nothing's changed, in actuality.

Deniers still have a Pre-K understanding of the thing they know can't be right.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
If that is the argument, it is literally too dumb to counter. Or does shaking my head with a disillusioned look on my face and slowly saying "N....no?" count as a debunking?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

There is nothing quite as dumb as a creatard.
Why didn't God instill in them the winning argument in the first place instead of letting his follower's arguments about creationism evolve over time in response to selection pressures experienced in the arena of ideas ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fossil provides new understanding of bird evolution Foxaèr 10 938 June 30, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: oldpollock
  New creationist movie: Evolution's Achilles' Heels Dolorian 35 10698 August 28, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30308 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  New Hardcover Evolution Book Based Upon Junior Skeptic Gawdzilla 3 1141 October 3, 2011 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Minimalist