Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Just For You, C/L - Given Your Interest In The Subject.
Just For You, C/L - Given Your Interest In The Subject.
https://historyandsoon.wordpress.com/201...ough-time/

Quote:TOP 10 TOILETS THROUGH TIME

Quote:1. Housesteads Roman Fort, Hadrian’s Wall: All together now…

The best preserved Roman loos in Britain are at Housesteads Roman Fort on Hadrian’s Wall. At its height, the fort was garrisoned by 800 men, who would use the loo block you can still see today. There weren’t any cubicles, so men sat side by side, free to gossip on the events of the day. They didn’t have loo roll either, so many used a sponge on a stick, washed and shared by many people – lovely!

Enjoy.
RE: Just For You, C/L - Given Your Interest In The Subject.
Housesteads took me back about 25 years. We did a British youth hostel loop and saw among other things, many museum exhibits concerning the contents of ancient Roman poo. And yes we went to Housesteads. And yes we saw not only the latrines, but also the inevitable poo exhibit. Hadrian's Wall is a spectacular place to walk though, even if it does remind me of poor exhibits.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Ohhhh my word. Christmas came early this year.  Smile Smile Smile

Bahahaha. Love it! I'll put it on my bucket list to take a dump in any one of those. 

Thank you soooo much!
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
God god, even Min likes you.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
I can see this thread turning to shit real fast!
Where's the shitposters when you need them....
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
These were in Ephesos, (now Turkey) not Britain but the Romans never abandoned a good design.

[Image: Trip07173.jpg]

A few moments before I took this shot as my wife reacted in typical middle class horror when our guide told the group they were sitting on Roman public toilets.

[Image: Trip07172-1.jpg]
Quote:Ohhhh my word. Christmas came early this year.

Definitely one way to look at it.
God: "What do you like best about all of my marvellous creation?"

CL: "Poop."

God: "Wow, and to think that was a last minute inclusion as well!"
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 2, 2015 at 2:08 am)Aroura Wrote: God god, even Min likes you.

Don't under estimate the power of poop. Poop brings people together! 

Lol, actually Min and I have had a couple exchanges via PM and are at an understanding. He's still anti religion in pretty much every sense of the word, but since I don't force my beliefs on others and since I'm not here trying to convert anyone, he tolerates me.  Wink
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(December 2, 2015 at 9:50 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(December 2, 2015 at 2:08 am)Aroura Wrote: God god, even Min likes you.

Don't under estimate the power of poop. Poop brings people together! 

Lol, actually Min and I have had a couple exchanges via PM and are at an understanding. He's still anti religion in pretty much every sense of the word, but since I don't force my beliefs on others and since I'm not here trying to convert anyone, he tolerates me.  Wink

I haven't had the pleasure of a Min PM, but I'm sure he and I have the same understanding.  Wink

And yes, poop is the unstoppable force the binds us.
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.