Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lion Burgers
Lion Burgers
This makes me sad:

Quote:PHOENIX - An Arizona restaurant owner dreamed up a novelty meal to give customers a South African experience during the World Cup. But serving burgers made with African lion meat has generated protests.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37869624/?GT1=43001

Usually I'm all about exotic meats but Lion meat?! It just seems wrong to me.

Rhizo
RE: Lion Burgers
Agreed
I agree. It does seem wrong somehow. I'd try one, though. When would such an opportunity arise again?
(June 24, 2010 at 5:06 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: I agree. It does seem wrong somehow. I'd try one, though. When would such an opportunity arise again?

Well it feels wrong, but it shouldn't be, pigs are smarter than lions and we eat them.
(June 24, 2010 at 6:32 pm)Ashendant Wrote:
(June 24, 2010 at 5:06 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: I agree. It does seem wrong somehow. I'd try one, though. When would such an opportunity arise again?

Well it feels wrong, but it shouldn't be, pigs are smarter than lions and we eat them.

I know, right? I think about that every time I eat bacon... but... bacon is just too good to stop eating! It is the candy of meats.
All depends if Lions are endangered I suppose, and how they are killed for the meat. I mean, I'd eat most meat if I knew the animal was being raised for slaughter and killed humanely, or was hunted and killed quickly.

What's really sickening is the bomb threats he's received. The article suggests he bought the meat legally, and that there aren't any violations of the law. It's his restaurant; if people don't want to eat lion meat, either don't eat it or get it banned by filing a complaint the proper way.
C'mon guys.....it's Arizona.

[Image: licenseplate.jpg]

What do you expect?
(June 24, 2010 at 6:37 pm)Tiberius Wrote: All depends if Lions are endangered I suppose, and how they are killed for the meat. I mean, I'd eat most meat if I knew the animal was being raised for slaughter and killed humanely, or was hunted and killed quickly.

What's really sickening is the bomb threats he's received. The article suggests he bought the meat legally, and that there aren't any violations of the law. It's his restaurant; if people don't want to eat lion meat, either don't eat it or get it banned by filing a complaint the proper way.

I'm not certain the meat will taste all too good either - most predator meat tastes somewhat rotten.

I'm against this as it is most probable that people will eat it to fuel their animistic beliefs that eating the flesh of a lion will make them a lion.
Quote:that people will eat it to fuel their animistic beliefs that eating the flesh of a lion will make them a lion.

What does eating pussy do?
I'd eat lion, baby seals, bald eagles etc. I really don't care if it's endangered or not. Hell, if it's endangered I'd want to eat it more so as if it did go extinct I'd never have the opportunity to savor it's sweet flesh.

Seriously.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm not lion. Brian37 56 3984 May 24, 2020 at 7:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Tried making vegan burgers. . . bennyboy 10 1343 August 3, 2018 at 5:59 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Food aint lying, well happened at Food Lion. Brian37 5 1568 November 12, 2017 at 10:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Go to Food Lion and buy 3 items vorlon13 17 2389 July 7, 2015 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: dyresand