Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinosaurs
Dinosaurs
I've copied this over from the old forum so it can be shot down in flames all over again Cool

I was watching a programme a while ago, I think called "Life After People"

It's basic conclusion was that, if all humans suddenly vanished from the Earth, it would only take at most, 200,000 years before any alien civilisation visiting would not be able to find a single trace of our ever having existed in the first place.

Everything, even the hardest of our stone structures would have been reclaimed by the environment.

My question is therefore this.

After 65 to perhaps over 100 million years, had there been a dinosaur civilisation on a par with maybe the ancient Egyptians, what evidence would be left today and how easy would it be to find it and identify it correctly?

Is it simply human arrogance to assume that we are the first 'peoples' of the Earth?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Dinosaurs
Bones eventually turning into fossils is hard but not impossible.
Why did God create the dinosaurs and the like, let them roam the Earth for 100s of millions years, before deciding to create man???? Maybe she got tired of the dinosaurs failing to develop speech and the ability to worship her????Wink
Maybe they did originally worship her but they then became atheist dinosaurs so she killed them all! Wink
It depends on the level of this dinosaur "civilisation"

Had they got to Sumerian level with writing and building there would be no trace of their civilisation.

But had they achieved our level and greater the perhaps yes there would be traces, if we knew what to look for.

For example, today's gigantic opencast pit mining would still leave a trace in millions of years. These mines would be filled in over the eaons and possible torn by tremor and plate shift. The trick would be for the future geologists to interpret it correctly
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
Could a lot of evidence be out there but is misinterpreted because it is simply not being looked for?
I remember watching a program like the one you commented on Dar...

Except it was about leaving important messages for any type human or alien civilizations to interpret.

For example, lets say an asteroid hit, but only crippled us severally. In other words it did not annihilate the species. However, it pretty much drove us back into the stone age over night. 10,000 years go by and humanity is finally getting back on their feet again, but in the act of having to start completely all over (Language, reading, writing, etc is completely different from what we have today)...

The Scholars are trying to figure out ways to leave warning signs by picture or direction in making sure to tell the future human race or alien civilizations the danger of certain facilities which hold radioactive waste (Platinum Waste etc) which has as a harmful shelf life of 200 - 500 thousand years.

It's actually a very interesting concept when you think about it. We would not be able to write it down and expect future civilizations to understand it. It would truly have to be some type of Hieroglyphics (Pictures) to tell the story....
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
Dinosaurs never existed. Those "fossils" are planted by the evil evolutionists.

O and to answer your question, I've not seen many dinosaur skeletons with limbs suitable for the manufacturing or making use of tools, which is something we humans need to make those things that make our structures.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Quote:I've not seen many dinosaur skeletons with limbs suitable for the manufacturing or making use of tools

You only need one Smile
Eh?

....not sure...I follow?

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dinosaurs with killer claws yield new theory about flight orogenicman 1 1514 December 22, 2011 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Tell us about the dinosaurs Loki_999 232 73946 December 1, 2010 at 10:00 am
Last Post: orogenicman
  Did humans and dinosaurs ever coexist? theophilus 40 27621 September 1, 2010 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Minimalist