Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell us about the dinosaurs
Tell us about the dinosaurs
Well, at Statler Waldorf's suggestion, because he seems to believe dinosaurs are not relevant to his discussion about the age of the earth, here is a new thread for this topic.

Ok Statler Waldorf - go for it, tell us about the dinosaurs. Tell us your scientific explanations about their existence (or non-existence?!) and how this fits in with a young earth.

I think you know the position of most people here is that we accept current thinking on their existence and age of the planet etc.
A finite number of monkeys with a finite number of typewriters and a finite amount of time could eventually reproduce 4chan.
RE: Tell us about the dinosaurs
The dinosaurs went extinct because when they showed up at the ark, Noah objected, telling god that the plumbing simply couldn't handle that much coprolite. I thought everyone knew this. Smile
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
No, no, no. The cavemen ate all the dinosaurs.....
My guess is that Statler Waldorf will run from this thread like cockroaches exposed to light.
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
Well, let me see if I can guess what he'd say.
Two of every species or kind of dinosaur managed to somehow fit on the ark (and, no, even if you somehow managed to figure out what exactly "kind" is supposed to mean, even two from every kind would be too cramped to fit on a boat which is too big to be seaworthy) and somehow, the radiation required to puncture the canopy of vapor that apparently existed made it impossible for species of a certain size, particularly Dinosaurs to breathe (which doesn't even begin to make sense, considering that the Velociraptor, being about the same length of a horse and shorter, would probably have more chance of surviving than a horse).
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(October 18, 2010 at 2:27 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Well, let me see if I can guess what he'd say.
Two of every species or kind of dinosaur managed to somehow fit on the ark (and, no, even if you somehow managed to figure out what exactly "kind" is supposed to mean, even two from every kind would be too cramped to fit on a boat which is too big to be seaworthy) and somehow, the radiation required to puncture the canopy of vapor that apparently existed made it impossible for species of a certain size, particularly Dinosaurs to breathe (which doesn't even begin to make sense, considering that the Velociraptor, being about the same length of a horse and shorter, would probably have more chance of surviving than a horse).

Not exactly. Can I answer this over in the "Balcony" thread?

[Image: 209795_f520.jpg]
No, no. You have it all wrong. Noah was a very picky person and he only took the animals he liked with him. This means he told the dinosaurs, the unicorns, and all other mythical/extinct creatures that the ark was leaving at 5, when it was really leaving at 3.
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
(October 18, 2010 at 2:45 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: Not exactly. Can I answer this over in the "Balcony" thread?
Why don't you just stick to the thread that was created for it? This forum doesn't revolve around you; we don't have to keep all topics in a single thread that you made.
(October 18, 2010 at 3:35 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(October 18, 2010 at 2:45 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: Not exactly. Can I answer this over in the "Balcony" thread?
Why don't you just stick to the thread that was created for it? This forum doesn't revolve around you; we don't have to keep all topics in a single thread that you made.

Well actually I was trying to keep your forum neat and tidy for you. If you cannot recognize the courtesy of this gesture then whatever.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tell Us Something We Didn't Know, Boys Minimalist 2 1019 May 12, 2017 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Amazing What The Bones Can Tell Us Minimalist 3 585 May 24, 2016 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dinosaurs with killer claws yield new theory about flight orogenicman 1 1506 December 22, 2011 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Did humans and dinosaurs ever coexist? theophilus 40 27494 September 1, 2010 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dinosaurs Darwinian 13 4466 May 27, 2009 at 5:20 am
Last Post: Darwinian