Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demonic Possession?
Demonic Possession?
What is it with Christians and their belief in demonic possession?

Are just many of them not willing to identify mental illness for what it is? It seems like a bit of snake oil.

Nonetheless.. I am having trouble throwing off my fears of Satan. I have been told by my pastor that "New Age" devices (Ouija boards, Tarot, animal spirit guides etc.) are tools of satan and could get me. My pastor certainly scared me out of buying a shiny new pack of tarot at Barnes and Noble!

And.. I can see why he might think the way he does. After watching these videos, I am almost convinced... maybe possessions are real?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WI9KcLl1Nk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ-HRPyLwsU

It sure is scary... but what is the real cause of these phenomena?
RE: Demonic Possession?
(December 17, 2015 at 4:29 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: what is the real cause of these phenomena?

Idiocy.
(December 17, 2015 at 4:29 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: What is it with Christians and their belief in demonic possession?

It's not like they're the only ones.
It would seem there are a lot of sad, broken, but uneducated people who are looking for some sort of healing, but are too poor or stupid to seek psychiatric help.

Hence they have exorcism
I see it as a potpourri: a little bad acting, a little theater, a little abuse of the mentally ill for pride and profit, a little taking advantage of massive ignorance, a little child abuse, a little racism, a little superstition, . What I don't see is any credible evidence of demons. What is it in these videos you're seeing that I am not?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Got my catch tomorrow with our old company that liquidated 5 years ago.
We were all close so still catch up once or twice a year...

And yes, I will be full of devilish spirits! Mainly the 3 wise men.. No exorcism necessary.
The sad part is that many of us went to another sister company which also liquidated not long after that!
(Hhhmmmm, maybe it's us!)

Manufacturing in Au is officially non existent!
All that's left is fish n chip shops and panel beaters...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
You mean that con artist? He is like every other person who does the exorcises demons out of people.
This is his setup.

hires actors

he does his whole routine

they act crazy

then go back to being normal aka praise the geebus and sit down

it's nothing but a big scam there is no such thing as demons but there is such a thing as
mental issues.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Scam.  Prey on fears, get gullible sheeple to fork over the cash.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
[Image: VH-tumblr_ltqrvtsvEf1qia0kxo1_500.jpg]

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Quote:What is it with Christians and their belief in demonic possession?

They're morons.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spiritual realm is very likely real (demonic possession)? Flavius007 23 1867 May 13, 2021 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Evangelical pastor Rick Wiles warns of demonic Pokemon that will be exploited by ISIS KevinM1 22 2713 July 20, 2016 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dildos are a portal to the demonic realm!! drfuzzy 63 10244 April 15, 2016 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Evidence of demon possession lucent 36 23590 November 3, 2011 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Zen Badger