Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:00 am

Poll: Where do you say the newest Star Wars movie ranks among the seven episodes released so far.
This poll is closed.
#1 - The best
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
33.33%
1 33.33%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
#7 - The worst
66.67%
2 66.67%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking the new Star Wars movie: The Force Awakens
Ranking the new Star Wars movie: The Force Awakens
I don't have my vote yet since I haven't seen it.  But I thought it might be interesting to see how closely we agree on how the new episode ranks against what has come before.  Voting #1 means you think it is the best of the movies.  Voting #7 means you think it is the worst.  One vote per customer and no complaint choices.

If you'd care to share your complete ranking of the seven episodes please do so in your comments.
RE: Ranking the new Star Wars movie: The Force Awakens
My guess is we're going to get a lot of #4s, some #7s, and a smattering of others.

I mentioned in Aractus's review thread, I like, from best to anti-best, V, IV, VII, VI, III, I, II
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(December 18, 2015 at 12:35 am)TheRealJoeFish Wrote: My guess is we're going to get a lot of #4s, some #7s, and a smattering of others.

I mentioned in Aractus's review thread, I like, from best to anti-best, V, IV, VII, VI, III, I, II

I will not be able to see it for about a week, but I look forward to rating it as soon as I see it!

My current order is not typical, as I actually prefer New Hope and Jedi to Empire, and I think episode 1 is the worst (I hate that kid, and 1 dimensional Qui-Gon makes me cry inside, not to mention Jar-Jar).

So, current order is IV, VI, V, III, II, I.  
I have no idea where I'll place VII yet, but I'm hoping I like it better than Aractus did!  Huh
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Pre VII order:

V, IV, III, VI, I, II

I and II were such shitty messes, it's basically a toss up for me. The difference maker is that vomit inducing romantic picnic scene on Naboo and Anakin's goofy 'impress the girl' bronco ride.
(December 18, 2015 at 1:45 am)Cato Wrote: Pre VII order:

V, IV, III, VI, I, II

I and II were such shitty messes, it's basically a toss up for me. The difference maker is that vomit inducing romantic picnic scene on Naboo and Anakin's goofy 'impress the girl' bronco ride.

My theory is that the director went fishing on the lake Como while they were filming it. I can't wrap my head around anyone saying 'yeah you nailed it, next scene' to this.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

It doesn't much matter if the newest film in the series ('Star Wars: The Merchandising Awakens') is good, bad or indifferent. The hype over this worn-out idea has gotten to a fever pitch sufficient to ensure that rabid fans will have sequels to obsessively bitch about for the foreseeable future. Our great-grandchildren will flock to the cinemas to see 'Star Wars LXI: Waiter, There's A Wookie In My Soup', and then spend the rest of their lives arguing over whether the shot of Darth Ramalamadingdong at 3422 seconds in was a mistake or if the director intentionally put the character in mismatched boots to convey his deep and abiding concern over action figure sales.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Think big, Boru. You forgot about the spinoffs that they start now. "Fnarg, the Ewok I-VVIII", "My Boba Fett greek wedding" etc...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Good point. It would not surprise me (but would distress me mightily) to see trailers for 'How Green Was My Yoda' and 'The Bell Jar-Jar'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Dude, where's my X Wing???

Darth Of A Salesman.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movie Trailer heads up thread. Gawdzilla Sama 445 33177 April 14, 2024 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Ironic movie pairing. Gawdzilla Sama 1 527 November 10, 2023 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Favorite horror movie MR. Macabre 666 13 1069 June 14, 2023 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What Your Favorite Religious Movie ? The Architect Of Fate 25 2475 November 24, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Uberpod
  Movie scenes that made you crap your pants. Brian37 33 2595 November 5, 2021 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Movie plot holes "Diehard 2"........... Brian37 10 1325 July 15, 2021 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Your favorite Star Trek Universe Alien Foxaèr 27 1066 November 28, 2020 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Things I'd have liked to see in Star Wars The Valkyrie 40 1966 November 4, 2020 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Sal
  The jarjar binks of a movie tackattack 19 1259 November 4, 2020 at 11:14 am
Last Post: brewer
  The original Carrie horror movie. Brian37 30 1934 April 10, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye