Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If god worked in Madison Avenue.
If god worked in Madison Avenue.
If a guy from Madison avenue can create an advertising campaign to influence 15% of the target market to buy something, imagine the extrapolation to god's perfect ability to influence.

Why couldn't god have been successful in preventing sin at the start just by his influence on Satan?
God knew perfectly well what would befall Adam and Eve so why was he unable to perfectly communicate and convey his knowledge to his target market, Adam and Eve?

Why are god's ads soo unconvincing?

Because they're made by men, gullible con men.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: If god worked in Madison Avenue.
If god were real he would be a shitty all around being the thing is biblical god does not give a fuck about anyone except his chosen few.
And i will a agree con men wrote the bible to get money and gold silver etc from stupid people.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Same old worthless crap about how God isn't God enough. An idea can't be a super hero, unless it's comic.
"I'm thick." - Me
(December 24, 2015 at 3:20 am)Goosebump Wrote: Same old worthless crap about how God isn't God enough. An idea can't be a super hero, unless it's comic.

It's called "internal consistency" and it is the lack of internal consistency that is being called out. A non-superlative god is useless to today's theists. Once you acknowledge limits to your god he disappears in the search for his abilities.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(December 24, 2015 at 3:13 am)Brakeman Wrote: [...]Eve[...]

Misread this as "Evie" again.
(December 24, 2015 at 3:13 am)Brakeman Wrote: Why are god's ads so unconvincing?

Not enough T&A.
Those susceptible to propaganda are just as weak minded as those susceptible to religious mythology.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
If god worked it wouldn't need Madison Ave.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
If god was real, god would not need theists to tell us he is real.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(December 24, 2015 at 10:22 pm)Kitan Wrote: If god was real, god would not need theists to tell us he is real.
If Paul hadn't wrote and preached about Jesus would you know anything at all about Paul or Jesus?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12309 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6680 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad