Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<Chuckle> Silent F*cking Night
<Chuckle> Silent F*cking Night
https://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/2...ailclassic

Quote:As I've wallowed in Christmas music the last couple of weeks, I've pondered the traditions of the Christmas story; and I've come to a conclusion.
Mary was shafted.
There she is, 8+ months pregnant, having been dragged all over Israel on the back of a fucking donkey.  I know that when I was 8 months pregnant, I had a hard time riding for two hours in a car to attend my father-in-law's funeral.
RE: <Chuckle> Silent F*cking Night
It could have been much worse. Joseph shouldn't have been in the stable at all.

"The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Say to the Israelites: ‘A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period. 3 On the eighth day the boy is to be circumcised. 4 Then the woman must wait thirty-three days to be purified from her bleeding. She must not touch anything sacred or go to the sanctuary until the days of her purification are over. 5 If she gives birth to a daughter, for two weeks the woman will be unclean, as during her period. Then she must wait sixty-six days to be purified from her bleeding."
Leviticus 12:1-5

In fact what was a good Jewish man doing in the stable with her---ignoring his religion that's what. Suggests that part of the Jesus myth wasn't Jewish in origin.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
RE: <Chuckle> Silent F*cking Night
Literally then, from day 1 of Christianity, we have a tradition of scripture cherry picking.

Jesus Fucking Christ !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Night of the living comedy. Brian37 1 362 March 16, 2021 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Night of the living sitcom. Brian37 6 469 October 9, 2020 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: no one
  The Daily Late Night COVID-19 Show Brian37 15 1375 March 30, 2020 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Funny Night Raw! Brian37 0 298 December 6, 2018 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Just for a chuckle drfuzzy 2 422 July 7, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Silent monks "sing" Handel's Hallelujah pocaracas 1 604 August 20, 2015 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: Longhorn