Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful.
Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiEn8lsCeKo
Fascinating.  Brings up comparisons between Christianity, Judaism, Islam & Nazism.
RE: Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful.
30/30 rule.

Other than that, don't you think, others haven't posted rightwing opinionated shit before?

An informed opinion would be a welcome change.

Oh, and by the way - 11.000 rightwing, Xenophobic and neonazist attacks in Germany last year. Islamist attacks, none. Overall, according to real data, coming from Europol and the FBI, religiously motivated terror is a whooping 4 percent of all terrorist attacks. And that's not even singling out Islam. Just religion.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful.
4% seems very low tbh. I can see there being large percentages for political ideology terror, nationalist terror or gang-related terror, but I think to say "only 4% of terror attacks are religiously based" is really low. It's like taking all the Islamist terror and saying "it's not about Islam, therefore Islamic terror barely exists".

I also think Islamism goes deeper and more subtle than just the in-your-face terrorism. That a Muslim man (who would scream "Islamophobia" if we insulted Muhammad) can stand there and say "the virgin Mary is a whore who got knocked up" to my elderly Catholic grandmother, is a prime example of the entitlement and double-standards many people of this religion feel. A girl being pushed to wear the hijab is Islamism. Honour killings on Islamic grounds are Islamism. Sharia Courts are Islamism. Muslims getting more offended at a cartoon than murder is Islamism. Calling for anti-blasphemy laws under the guise of "hate crime laws" Is Islamism. Just because people aren't being shot en masse or blown up, that doesn't mean there isn't a creeping Islamist political movement. It's very real and I get tired of people who dislike it being brushed off as "right-wing", especially considering what they are opposing is actually what is very right-wing.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(December 24, 2015 at 8:25 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: 4% seems very low tbh. I can see there being large percentages for political ideology terror, nationalist terror or gang-related terror, but I think to say "only 4% of terror attacks are religiously based" is really low. It's like taking all the Islamist terror and saying "it's not about Islam, therefore Islamic terror barely exists".

Look the stats up for yourself. I presented them once, here. I'm rather tired of posting them again and again whenever someone feels some opinionated piece nails it.

Also, the 11.000 rightwing attacks last year in Germany were presented by the German authorities a few days ago. And guess, who the victims of choice mostly were.

These are facts, based on official statistics. Everything else is pulled from the ass.

OK, a quick search turned up the newest report.

https://www.europol.europa.eu/content/eu...eport-2015

Page 19 of the pdf. A graph showing that religious terror is on the rise. But they're talking about arrests. 395 in 2014 all over Europe. Again, not completed attacks, but arrests and not convictions. Compare that to the 11.000 in Germany.

Page 36 presents antisemitic and anti islamic terrorism across the EU, for comparison.
But the fact remains that a lot of times when Islamist terror occurs, people want to take it away from Islam and find a nationalistic or political reason to excuse the religion. That would impact the statistics.

I also find it hard to believe purely because, if it were true, there would be terrorism virtually non-stop. If AAALLLL the Islamic terrorism we hear about was just "less than 4%", where's the rest of it (aside from Dylann Roof and some IRA stuff)? Seriously, would there be anyone still alive? I call bullshit, I'm sorry. I find that very hard to believe whatever someone wrote on the internet. They either have incredibly loose definitions of what constitutes "terrorism", or they're calling most cases of religious terror something else. Maybe both.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(December 24, 2015 at 8:36 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: But the fact remains that a lot of times when Islamist terror occurs, people want to take it away from Islam and find a nationalistic or political reason to excuse the religion. That would impact the statistics.

You think the governments are doing that?

Look up the links I presented above. Since none of you seem to be able to make an own effort to inform themselves before speculating on how to make ends meet their preconceived opinions.
Yes. Of course governments going to downplay Islamic terrorism, both because they don't want a spike in violent attacks against Muslims (a legitimate reason), but also because they're in bed with Islamists who they don't dare criticise so as not to appear imperialist or, God forbid, "racist".

Could you imagine releasing the real statistics on how high Islamist terror is? "Omg how Islamophobic!" "You're just painting Muslims in a bad light!"... potentially more selective outrage and terrorism because it was "suggested" that Islam isn't peaceful... They wouldn't dare. They're scared of this movement (understandably) and even more scared of being called that big R word.

- Maryam Namazie

(December 24, 2015 at 8:29 pm)abaris Wrote:
(December 24, 2015 at 8:25 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: 4% seems very low tbh. I can see there being large percentages for political ideology terror, nationalist terror or gang-related terror, but I think to say "only 4% of terror attacks are religiously based" is really low. It's like taking all the Islamist terror and saying "it's not about Islam, therefore Islamic terror barely exists".

Look the stats up for yourself. I presented them once, here. I'm rather tired of posting them again and again whenever someone feels some opinionated piece nails it.

Also, the 11.000 rightwing attacks last year in Germany were presented by the German authorities a few days ago. And guess, who the victims of choice mostly were.

These are facts, based on official statistics. Everything else is pulled from the ass.

OK, a quick search turned up the newest report.

https://www.europol.europa.eu/content/eu...eport-2015

Page 19 of the pdf. A graph showing that religious terror is on the rise. But they're talking about arrests. 395 in 2014 all over Europe. AgainSta, not completed attacks, but arrests and not convictions. Compare that to the 11.000 in Germany.

Page 36 presents antisemitic and anti islamic terrorism across the EU, for comparison.

In terms of injuries and death and real consequences how do all of the right wing terrorist activities of Germany compare with the attack on France by Muslims?

Statistics about the number of terrorist activities mean nothing in comparison to the real consiquences of terrorism.

I suspect that if you add together the death and injury toll of just a few of the Islamic terrorist attacks the would more than likely be several times higher than the right wing terrorist attacks.

This statistic is also meaningless really, it could just be that Islamic terrorists are very good at killing lots of people in comparison to right wing terrorists.

And absolutely none of this has anything to do with what this thread is about anyway, seemingly it's about how terrorist attacks can be related to the verses in the quran.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Moderator Notice
Locking thread pending staff discussion
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

I also think Islamism goes deeper and more subtle than just the in-your-face terrorism. That a Muslim man (who would scream "Islamophobia" if we insulted Muhammad) can stand there and say "the virgin Mary is a whore who got knocked up" to my elderly Catholic grandmother, is a prime example of the entitlement and double-standards many people of this religion feel. A girl being pushed to wear the hijab is Islamism. Honour killings on Islamic grounds are Islamism. Sharia Courts are Islamism. Muslims getting more offended at a cartoon than murder is Islamism. Calling for anti-blasphemy laws under the guise of "hate crime laws" Is Islamism. Just because people aren't being shot en masse or blown up, that doesn't mean there isn't a creeping Islamist political movement. It's very real and I get tired of people who dislike it being brushed off as "right-wing", especially considering what they are opposing is actually what is very right-wing.

First of all, Muslims believe that the Marry -peace be open her- was the mother of Jesus -peace be upon him- which  God made them a sign.

So it doesn't make sense.

You will be more precise & more effective in analyzing the problem, if you made check ups on all possible vents &... sources of argument leek ??
Like for example, what would "Jihadi Jackson" win if he joined the terrorist organization ?

Many brainwashed youth join those terrorist groups too, so in that I agree.
But from the 4%, what remains religious ?

Simply saying "Muslim lands" doesn't earn you a convincing argument.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Islam - the Peaceful Religion: Explained Darwins Disciple 31 3481 August 26, 2018 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How you know religion has done its job in brainwashing you: Foxaèr 19 2751 August 9, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  How do religious folks reconcile violent concepts in "peaceful" Abrahamic religions? AceBoogie 57 10857 April 28, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Bravery of peaceful belivers. purplepurpose 23 3130 February 21, 2017 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Has religion ever brought you happeniness? ComradeMeow 56 10220 January 1, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: camlov2019
Heart A false god does not exist, but the True One exists! Right? theBorg 26 5998 September 8, 2016 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10717 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Yes, religion is a drug, but what type of drug? Jehanne 25 3566 February 13, 2016 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Spiritual but not Religious (SBNR) TheMonster 40 6914 November 22, 2015 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  So..... Not Only God but a Court Says "FUCK YOU." Minimalist 53 10428 March 12, 2015 at 3:46 am
Last Post: robvalue