Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from the Lone Star State
Hello from the Lone Star State
Hi there, everyone. My name is Carl, I am writing to you from a small town in East Texas, and I am very happy to have found this website. Seems like just my sort of group! I am a staunch atheist, and have been for over a decade, since I realized I didn't believe all the mumbo jumbo being force fed to me by the baptist church. Spent a few years "soul searching" through other religions, and then stumbled upon atheism and my eyes were finally opened to the world around me. 

I am a huge book worm, which could also have contributed to my moving past religion, as I learned new things from all of the books. I was an English major in college until I realized I just don't have enough damned patience to deal with ignorant parents blaming little Susie's failures on me instead of on their own inept parenting skills, or little Susie's inability to do her own work and learn from it. I am a very liberal democrat, planning to vote for Bernie Sanders, all of which is incredibly odd because I work in law enforcement, which is a field absolutely filled with very conservative, right leaning people. But I just keep my head down, and my thoughts to myself at work, and all goes well. I am a tech geek, and a car geek, somewhat of a gamer, though I have to be in the mood, and I am in a very loving, committed relationship with a man I met nearly six years ago, and who has consistently swept me off my feet every single day of that time period. 

Well I guess that's all I really have to say about myself. I hope to get to know you all very well over the coming months!
RE: Hello from the Lone Star State
Welcome
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
A liberal, atheist, Sanders fan, from Texass?

You are a rare breed, friend.

Welcome.
Thanks to the both of you for the warm welcome!
Welcome. Enjoy yourself!
Welcome!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Welcome matey.

Ricer car nut or classic muscle car nut?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Hi there, nice to meet you! Thanks for sharing your story Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome Carl

Nice to meet you, Carl.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5993 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm