Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslim Explanation Needed.
Muslim Explanation Needed.
I am hoping that any muslims out there could help me with a couple of things that I personally find quite incomprehensible..

I was watching a report about a women's prison in Afghanistan and there where 3 cases that particularly stood out where, under Islamic Law these women had been jailed and for reasons which I simply cannot understand.

The first was a young girl of 16 who had been sentenced to three years in this squalid pit. Her crime was that a young man who wanted to marry her came around to her house before the parents of both families had met and proposed to her on the doorstep. A neighbour saw this happen and contacted the police, where upon, the girl was arrested, judged and sent to prison.

To my simple western philosophy, this is completely insane and utterly indefensible. I mean, it's not as if she'd actually done anything at all.

The second was another young lady who was married, 3 months pregnant and living at home with her husband. For some reason the husband fell out with her, accused her of infidelity and threw her out of the house. Again, she was arrested and then sent to prison even though no evidence was ever found for her cheating. It was just the husbands word against hers and because, it seems, man is king in Islam and women are no better than beasts of burden it was the pregnant woman who was jailed.

Lastly there was a teenage girl there serving a 2 years sentence because of the terrible crime of 'bad character'.. She dared to speak her mind and dye her hair!

I'm looking forward to any muslim here trying to defend these nonsensical punishments that surely belong back in the middle ages and to explain why Islam seems to hate women so much and treats them as if they where simply male possessions with no rights.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Muslim Explanation Needed.
You won't find a decent explanation. Islam is anti-woman, and every Muslim we've had here has confirmed that (whilst jumping through hoops trying to prove otherwise). In Western culture, for a woman to be equal, they have to have the same rights as a man; no more, no less. The same is simply not true in Islam; for a woman to be "equal" in Islam, they must be dominated by a man.

I can't wait for someone to try and defend these punishments though.
the three cases you mentioned has no punishment in islam at all(maybe thats afghans law) and nothing is even forbidden.and even in the second case they are not supposed to be in a house alone without her parents as thats forbidden in islam(but no punishment in islamic law its just forbidden to do so) and he was in the doorstep so nothing is also forbidden but it willl be better if he went to her father first
anything you hear you can get back to the thread women in islam to see the verses i quoted from the Quran women so you can know wether this is what muslims suppose to do or its just their law Smile
(June 30, 2010 at 5:19 am)mo3taz3nbar Wrote: the three cases you mentioned has no punishment in islam at all(maybe thats afghans law) and nothing is even forbidden.and even in the second case they are not supposed to be in a house alone without her parents as thats forbidden in islam(but no punishment in islamic law its just forbidden to do so) and he was in the doorstep so nothing is also forbidden but it willl be better if he went to her father first
anything you hear you can get back to the thread women in islam to see the verses i quoted from the Quran women so you can know wether this is what muslims suppose to do or its just their law Smile

But I am thinking that Darwinian is citing Islamic Law (Sharia Law) is being applied here??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Yes, according to the report these were all conducted under Islamic law and even if they weren't then they were heavily influenced by Islamic culture and practices which, in the end get all their morals and teaching from the Quaran.
(June 30, 2010 at 5:19 am)mo3taz3nbar Wrote: the three cases you mentioned has no punishment in islam at all(maybe thats afghans law) and nothing is even forbidden.and even in the second case they are not supposed to be in a house alone without her parents as thats forbidden in islam(but no punishment in islamic law its just forbidden to do so) and he was in the doorstep so nothing is also forbidden but it willl be better if he went to her father first

Ah, here we go with the "No True Scottsman" again.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(June 30, 2010 at 6:11 am)Darwinian Wrote: Yes, according to the report these were all conducted under Islamic law and even if they weren't then they were heavily influenced by Islamic culture and practices which, in the end get all their morals and teaching from the Quaran.
there is nothing called islamic culture.this is the point when you open the Quran or ask what the Quran says about women
Of course there is Islamic based culture. This religion has been around for long enough now to completely inform the peoples it dominates and rules over.
(June 30, 2010 at 7:35 am)mo3taz3nbar Wrote: there is nothing called islamic culture.

there is nothing called islamic culture
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]

ROFLOL

look at what you said on another thread

(June 30, 2010 at 5:47 am)mo3taz3nbar Wrote: @ annatar i think now we are getting closer in this issue. i think the difference is that you want the Quran to say every little detail as God is talking with a little child Smile and i see that the Quran give you the general rules and you can put your law under this general rules which will lead to the same reasons the inheritance law was mentioned in the Quran.which is fairness between family members in inheritance
if every little detail of the laws was mentioned in the Quran that will not be fair to different countries and different cultures and also the changes that happen with time thats the main reason some of the details is left for shura under the general rules(am talking in general not about inheritance)
i will try to clarify how general rules work in the Quran.so do you think that cigarretes is forbidden according to islam?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5272 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2294 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1252 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1342 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4741 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 3915 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fall of Muslim science Fake Messiah 1 782 January 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 1933 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If a muslim grows old, do they have to dye their hair? Ruckus123 5 933 April 16, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: yragnitup
  So if Muhammad had long hair why so many muslim male having short hair? Ruckus123 3 1192 April 12, 2018 at 7:07 am
Last Post: chimp3