Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumbness from UC Berkeley.
Dumbness from UC Berkeley.
It's bowl season, which is why they may not have responded to my email (or, perhaps they regard me as being a crank!)  Here you go:

http://undsci.berkeley.edu/article/0_0_0...science_12

And, the "offending" paragraph:

Quote:Science doesn't draw conclusions about supernatural explanations

Do gods exist? Do supernatural entities intervene in human affairs? These questions may be important, but science won't help you answer them. Questions that deal with supernatural explanations are, by definition, beyond the realm of nature — and hence, also beyond the realm of what can be studied by science. For many, such questions are matters of personal faith and spirituality.

Bullshit!  How about the complete, instantaneous healing of a verified adult amputee?
RE: Dumbness from UC Berkeley.
It's a polite cultural agreement, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote: Do gods exist? Do supernatural entities intervene in human affairs?

No.

No.

Next.
I think we can all agree Anusius has displayed a superlative degree of reality and existence we have yet see the conventional Judeo-Christian God achieve.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 30, 2015 at 5:50 pm)Jehanne Wrote: It's bowl season, which is why they may not have responded to my email (or, perhaps they regard me as being a crank!)  Here you go:

Do gods exist? Do supernatural entities intervene in human affairs? These questions may be important, but science won't help you answer them. Questions that deal with supernatural explanations are, by definition, beyond the realm of nature — and hence, also beyond the realm of what can be studied by science. For many, such questions are matters of personal faith and spirituality.

Bullshit!  How about the complete, instantaneous healing of a verified adult amputee?

Three books for this moron, "God The Failed Hypothesis" and "The New Atheism" by Victor Stenger, not to mention the evolutionary explanation for why god of the gaps answers happen in Dawkins "The God Delusion".
(December 30, 2015 at 11:04 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 30, 2015 at 5:50 pm)Jehanne Wrote: It's bowl season, which is why they may not have responded to my email (or, perhaps they regard me as being a crank!)  Here you go:

Three books for this moron, "God The Failed Hypothesis" and "The New Atheism" by Victor Stenger, not to mention the evolutionary explanation for why god of the gaps answers happen in Dawkins "The God Delusion".

I'm not sure if you're referring to me as a "moron" or not; I have read the first book by the late Professor Stenger ("God The Failed Hypothesis") as well as Dawkins' "The God Delusion," which I read several times.  I have also read the books by (the late) Hitchens, Harris, Dennett, and David Mills.  I am currently working on "The Case Against God" by George H. Smith.
(December 31, 2015 at 8:58 am)Jehanne Wrote:
(December 30, 2015 at 11:04 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Three books for this moron, "God The Failed Hypothesis" and "The New Atheism" by Victor Stenger, not to mention the evolutionary explanation for why god of the gaps answers happen in Dawkins "The God Delusion".

I'm not sure if you're referring to me as a "moron" or not; I have read the first book by the late Professor Stenger ("God The Failed Hypothesis") as well as Dawkins' "The God Delusion," which I read several times.  I have also read the books by (the late) Hitchens, Harris, Dennett, and David Mills.  I am currently working on "The Case Against God" by George H. Smith.

No, the idiot who wrote that crap.
(December 31, 2015 at 1:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 31, 2015 at 8:58 am)Jehanne Wrote: I'm not sure if you're referring to me as a "moron" or not; I have read the first book by the late Professor Stenger ("God The Failed Hypothesis") as well as Dawkins' "The God Delusion," which I read several times.  I have also read the books by (the late) Hitchens, Harris, Dennett, and David Mills.  I am currently working on "The Case Against God" by George H. Smith.

No, the idiot who wrote that crap.

Thanks.  I suspect that "whomever" was told what to write.  The folks at UC Berkeley are, with very few exceptions, not dummies.  But, they are sure acting "dumb" with this one!
Duke University had, or may still have a "Paranormal" museum. Some cons long ago managed to get funding for a "study".

Noma, providing a gapped god for theists since Gould invented it. Don't know what he was smoking that day, but he needed a good clip around the back of the ear.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home