Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A physician who has made a complete examination of a person without having been told his age could probably make an accurate estimate of it because of his knowledge of how the aging process works. But what would happen if he were to travel back in time and examine Adam and Eve before the fall and was then asked to guess their age? Because they were created to live forever they wouldn't have undergone the same aging process we do today. If he examined them just a few days after their creation he would give a high estimate of their ages because they would appear to be the same as adults he had examined in the past.

Suppose he went back to some time after the fall and examined them. Now they would be aging the same way we do today. If he was unaware of their past history he would make an estimate based on the assumption that they had been born in the same way as everyone else. (I know that people lived longer then so in this example I am assuming that the doctor was aware of this fact and took it into consideration.) His estimate of their age would probably be off but whether it was too high or too low would depend on how much time elapsed between their creation and their fall.

Scientists who try to figure out the age of the universe are facing the same situation as the doctor in the second example. They assume that all the physical processes that they observe have been going on since the universe began. But the Bible tells us that this isn't the case. God cursed the ground because of Adam's sin. But it appears that the whole universe is under a curse, which will be lifted at the same time as the resurrection of believers. "The creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God." (Romans 8:21) It seems that the whole universe was affected by Satan's rebellion and that is the reason for the condition it is in today. Since we don't know how much time elapsed between the creation and the fall of Satan it is impossible to figure out the age of the universe by observing what is going on in it today.

In the second example the physician might have realized that there was something different about Adam and Eve if he had noticed that they had no navels. In the same way scientists today who examine all the evidence with open minds will notice that there are some facts that don't fit with the believe that we came into existence through evolution. For example, consider this:

Quote:The God of the Bible, on the other hand, filled His creation with clear examples of both similarities and differences. He created the universe in such a way that no human would be confused about the Creator. The similarities, or continuity, are evidence of One common Creator. The differences, or discontinuity, are evidence of the diversity within the One Creator—three unique persons with one divine nature. God made the similarities and differences in creation so obvious that every human, even children, can see them (see Matthew 11:25; Romans 1:18–19; and related verses).

When God planned His creation, He was strategic in His placement of continuity and discontinuity. Foreknowing every creation myth that humans would ever devise, He created in such a way as to falsify every one of them. He placed enough continuity to demonstrate that multiple gods could not have constructed such a unified creation. He also placed enough discontinuity in just the right places to show that no natural process could have generated such a diverse creation.

You can read the rest of this article here:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...continuity

Here is another site which shows some of the scientific evidence against evolution:

http://scienceagainstevolution.org/
His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Romans 1:20 ESV

RE: Age
Answersingenesis has never yet produced anything worth reading.

The biggest bunch of phony fucks on the internet.
(July 1, 2010 at 12:10 pm)theophilus Wrote: Woo woo nanny goo goo... fleeple zoop poogle!

Ok, I believe in God now, you can go away. Big Grin

Rhizo
LOL. And if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their ass when they jumped. More fairy tales from a theist or more evidence of an imperfect / dishonest god? ... You decide!
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
I'm afraid that you are talking male reproductive organs here.

First point. Even if we could travel back in time there is no way that we could study Adam and Eve because THEY DIDN'T EXIST!!

Second point. We are well aware of how the Universe looked all those eons ago because the speed of light is finite and the deeper into space we look, the further back in time we can see, and study.

All your post proves is that if you start with a faulty premise, nothing that you deduce thereafter can possibly make any sense.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I've got one word for you: dinosaurs.
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
(July 1, 2010 at 1:48 pm)chasm Wrote: I've got one word for you: dinosaurs.

What about them?

[Image: etsy-marketing-riding-dinos3.jpg]

Lol.
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
Quote:But the Bible tells us that this isn't the case.
So your assumption is that the Bible is true, and then your argument works fine. However, unless you can prove the Bible is true, it is an assumption, and is thus subject to error. I could just as easily write "The universe is 13.7 billion years old and all life evolved" on a piece of paper, and using that as an assumption, create a similar argument from *my* perspective, that favours *my* beliefs.

However, I don't do that. Why not? Because it's a logical fallacy and a piss poor use of reasoning.
(July 1, 2010 at 12:10 pm)theophilus Wrote: A physician who has made a complete examination of a person without having been told his age could probably make an accurate estimate of it because of his knowledge of how the aging process works. But what would happen if he were to travel back in time and examine Adam and Eve before the fall and was then asked to guess their age?
A Physician is a medical practitioner, simply a doctor in the profession of Medical science who is concerned in human health through the study, diagnosis, and treatment of disease or injury.

A Paleobiologist is one who investigates field research in Natural Science and findings within palaeontology of current biota and fossils millions of years old to answer questions regarding molecular evolution and the history of life, they use dating techniques such as Amino acid dating that Forensic science also adopts to help estimate the age of any given specimen.

theophilus Wrote:Suppose he went back to some time after the fall and examined them.
In all seriousness if they haven't registered with the GP or if they haven't booked an appointment in advance then they don't even get seen. =P In any case you have to prove Adam and Eve actually existed first, and thereby disprove evolutionary theory, and good luck with that.

Besides my GP is only interested in on-line dating, not Chronology within Genetics. ;3

theophilus Wrote:Scientists who try to figure out the age of the universe are facing the same situation as the doctor in the second example.
Don't even pretend you know anything about what scientists actually do, because you're not just doing a piss-poor job at it, you are talking nonsense. Current theory and observations suggest that the universe is 13.75 ±0.17 billion years old, so while it can't yet give an accurate precise estimation, SCIENCE has provided us with projects such as background radiation measurements compared with the current expansion rate of the universe. I suggest you start by reading up on the Lambda-CDM concordance model and the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe, rather than a pile of religious crap written by a bunch of murdering raping nutcases who thought the Earth was flat and every time it rained their sky daddy in the clouds was crying. >.>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Nuclear Age, and the nuclear threat TheBeardedDude 7 2577 November 13, 2013 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  some questions about the age (of earth, universe, etc.) Zenith 2 2477 June 21, 2011 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Zenith