Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Canada should do if trump is elected.
Us Canada relations have never really gone well when you have Republicans in the Whitehouse and liberals in Parliament. This was the case through much of the bush era when prime minister jean Chretien was in office.Relations where really bad then, and Chretien was much in the same space politically as Obama, a moderate that leans to the left on social issues and is kinda conservative in other ways.
However trump is the most far right candidate we have ever seen, and the current prime minster, Justin Trudeau is quite firmly on the left (him an Bernie would get along swimmingly). However things will come to a head over the keystone xl, and trump being told off by a leader who stripped for charity during his campaign(nothing will kill something faster then a leaders ego).
Here is what I think Canada should do if trump is elected. The american thinking class often seems to look to Canada with a little envy even now. I would propose a 50000 dollar bursary and 6 months of governnent sponsored housing for any american with a Masters degree or higher and 25000 (with the same housing) for any American with a community college or bachelors degree to immigrate to Canada. My reasoning behind this is that knowledge is now our most important resource, and bringing that influx of knowledge will significantly boost economic growth.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: What Canada should do if trump is elected.
You're going to need to up your game if paying in CAD. I'll also assume that Alberta won't be participating.
Secede from the union.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 24, 2016 at 5:28 pm)Cato Wrote: You're going to need to up your game if paying in CAD. I'll also assume that Alberta won't be participating.

Oh shit yeah forgot, your life savings are worth double here. As for they're just salty over low oil prices
Signifying nothing.
Start accepting American refugees.
I'll be in Darwin, love.
(January 24, 2016 at 5:59 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Start accepting American refugees.

/thread

IMO
I might move up there if Hillbitch wins.
(January 24, 2016 at 9:13 pm)KUSA Wrote: I might move up there if Hillbitch wins.

Why?
Signifying nothing.
If Trump is elected, Canada should build a wall.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I stay or should I go? POLITICAL op/ed Brian37 53 6723 August 26, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why you should fear Trump's pick for Supreme Court Judge Foxaèr 75 3952 October 31, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 983 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Border Patrol Racially Profiling. Near Canada. BrianSoddingBoru4 3 682 February 19, 2019 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36691 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  My Biggest Criticism Of My Own Country (Canada) Amarok 11 4384 September 20, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: c172
  Scotland could leave the UK, and join Canada instead, says author Isis 21 7172 April 8, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Health Insurance: Canada Wins Minimalist 12 2118 March 21, 2017 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  U.S refugees to Canada Amarok 3 1031 March 13, 2017 at 6:24 am
Last Post: abaris
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3072 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer