Play "Cards Against Atheist Forums" online now!
Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: 27th June 2017, 02:53

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prometheus, a moon of Saturn
Prometheus, a moon of Saturn
A dramatic view of this little beastie, lit by the distant sun, and by Saturnshine:

[Image: PIA12593_Prometheus2.jpg]
That's why our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders more, by hiring a record number of new border guards, by deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before, by cracking down on illegal hiring, by barring welfare benefits to illegal aliens . . . The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers. . . . it is wrong and ultimately self defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must do more to stop it.   

William Jefferson Clinton

RE: Prometheus, a moon of Saturn
Another view, with a ring of Saturn in the back ground:

[Image: PIA17207-SaturnMoon-Prometheus-20151206.jpg]
That's why our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders more, by hiring a record number of new border guards, by deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before, by cracking down on illegal hiring, by barring welfare benefits to illegal aliens . . . The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers. . . . it is wrong and ultimately self defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must do more to stop it.   

When is it going to hit us?
A color version:

[Image: Prometheus_and_Saturn_F_ring_2015_Cassin...n_NASA.jpg]

(24th January 2016, 22:54)vorlon13 Wrote: A dramatic view of this little beastie, lit by the distant sun, and by Saturnshine:

[Image: PIA12593_Prometheus2.jpg]

Saturnshine. I like it. They should make that the name of an after-shave or a song or something.
Also; RUN!!!
"Vanity, is definitely my favorite sin." Al Pacino, Devils Advocate.

(5th July 2012, 12:47)RaphielDrake Wrote: What? Its a legitimate question. You don't think its important? If you have some kind of information that makes your belief system stand out from the others I think everyone here needs to hear it.
(6th July 2012, 03:04)fr0d0 Wrote: BTW I've decided that I shouldn't try to out child children. Sorry kids Wink
Translation: Run away! :'(

(21st July 2012, 12:11)RaphielDrake Wrote: "What is this accepted interpretation of the Bible passages that talks about Lots daughters getting him drunk specifically to get pregnant? What is the accepted interpretation of the priest and the concubine?"
Once again, answer the questions or retreat fr0d0.
(21st July 2012, 12:30)fr0d0 Wrote: Hey Rap ;-)

I don't have an interpretation. Thank you for the complimentary Rabbi status though, I'm suitably flattered. I'll get back to you on your inability to use the internet later. Busy having a life here. I hope that you understand.
Translation: Run away again! :'(
Prometheus casting a shadow onto diffuse ring material orbiting Saturn:

[Image: th?id=OIP.M363bf4b056b710474049fe013b447...=300&h=300]

Nice photos. Makes you think that the definition of a moon should be tightened up though to only include those that look slightly ball shaped. I would call this a moonlet.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
What a boring little lump. Where are the spaceports? Where are the sentinel satellites?

Boru
'There are people who long for immortality in the afterlife who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.' - Isaac Asimov
Dimensions please.

Saturnshine? I like Uranusglow! (you knew it was only a matter of time)
God(s) and religions are man made and the bane of humanity. 

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. Ozzy or Twain/take your pick
(25th January 2016, 08:59)mh.brewer Wrote: Dimensions please.

Saturnshine? I like Uranusglow! (you knew it was only a matter of time)

Does Uranus have a ring of debris around it?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pan; a weirder moon of Saturn vorlon13 17 503 26th March 2017, 13:29
Last Post: LastPoet
  The moon's formation Tazzycorn 41 1257 13th January 2017, 16:05
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Saturn vorlon13 24 946 9th January 2017, 02:08
Last Post: vorlon13
  Global ocean discovered on Saturn moon Cyberman 24 3219 17th September 2015, 23:55
Last Post: vorlon13
  Evidence of how our Moon formed... found? Welsh cake 16 2692 6th July 2014, 19:22
Last Post: A Theist
  If the moon were only 1 pixel... Darth 1 693 8th March 2014, 07:39
Last Post: Kayenneh
  View of Earth from Saturn Faith No More 7 1918 23rd July 2013, 18:09
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The beauty secret of Saturn L.A.F. 19 4761 26th May 2013, 20:43
Last Post: Terr
  NASA Wants to Give Our Moon a Moon thesummerqueen 14 5090 4th January 2013, 01:07
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Grail Probes to crash into the moon in about an hour popeyespappy 10 2073 18th December 2012, 03:47
Last Post: KichigaiNeko