Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Return of a Jackass
Return of a Jackass
Well I have come back, and am glad to see both new and old people here.  Just a small update:

I left the miserable, "god"-forsaken land of Bahrain and am now residing in Japan.  I get out of the Navy in about a year, and am already gearing up for college when I do.  My family is still going through shit, but I've since gotten over it.  And all of this has happened before my 22nd birthday in April.  How are things here?
“Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.” 
-Isaac Asimov

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
-Douglas Adams
RE: Return of a Jackass
It looks like Donald Trump might be the next POTUS. Things around here are pretty shitty.
Welcome back.

Much frivolity has ensued.

We've lost touch with Drama Queen due to all the fracas in Libya these days.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The prodigal returns.

Or is that too 'biblical?'
Glad you're back, and glad you're coping with family stuff.

Are you in Okinawa now?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(January 30, 2016 at 9:08 pm)Jericho Wrote: Well I have come back, and am glad to see both new and old people here.  Just a small update:

I left the miserable, "god"-forsaken land of Bahrain and am now residing in Japan.  I get out of the Navy in about a year, and am already gearing up for college when I do.  My family is still going through shit, but I've since gotten over it.  And all of this has happened before my 22nd birthday in April.  How are things here?

Hey! I was wondering where you were at. Even mentioned you in the Missing Persons thread Tongue
Welcome back Smile
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
I am actually in Yokosuka right now, and love it here. Glad to be back! Funnily enough, I have been doing research on Shinto and Buddhism since coming here. Shinto is actually kind of interesting, to be honest. Had a long debate with someone about it the other day...Shinto vs atheist.
-Isaac Asimov

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
-Douglas Adams
Yokosuka is awesome! I stopped through there twice on the USS Green Bay.

So close to Tokyo. You must be having a blast! Although you also must be ready for a stateside tour...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Well, after I am done here, I am finished with the Navy. Then it's off to college.

And yeah, I love Japan so far. Beautiful country, awesome culture, amazing food, and polite people.
-Isaac Asimov

-Douglas Adams
It's great to see you back Smile I hope you enjoy Japan!

Things are good here, we've got some awesome new members too.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Return of the Turtle Edwardo Piet 22 1922 November 11, 2015 at 9:24 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  There is no return policy Doubting Thomas 1 680 November 15, 2013 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet