Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superbowl 50
Superbowl 50
I just had to make this post a thing since I am a huge Panthers fan.  Who here is excited for the Superbowl?  Any other Panthers fans here?Anybody else have money on the game?
“Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.” 
-Isaac Asimov

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
-Douglas Adams
RE: Superbowl 50
Not a Panthers fan, no money on the game. Just hoping it isn't another blowout.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 30, 2016 at 10:36 pm)Jericho Wrote: Any other Panthers fans here?

Since the Broncos beat my team in the AFC Championship, I'll be an honorary Panthers fan for the game. Honestly though, Cam Newton has been an absolute pleasure to watch all year, so I won't find it hard to root for him.
(January 30, 2016 at 10:56 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Since the Broncos beat my team in the AFC Conference Championship, I'll be an honorary Panthers fan for the game. Honestly though, Cam Newton has been an absolute pleasure to watch all year, so I won't find it hard to root for him.

I actually know a lot of people who feel the same way. Cam has definitely risen to the occasion this year, showing himself to be one of the greatest (if not the greatest) quarterbacks in the League.
“Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.” 
-Isaac Asimov

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
-Douglas Adams
(January 30, 2016 at 11:11 pm)Jericho Wrote: I actually know a lot of people who feel the same way. Cam has definitely risen to the occasion this year, showing himself to be one of the greatest (if not the greatest) quarterbacks in the League.

Eeeshh. Slow your roll, homer. Not yet...
(January 30, 2016 at 10:56 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Since the Broncos beat my team in the AFC Conference Championship...

The 'Conference' is silent... Tongue
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(January 30, 2016 at 11:11 pm)Jericho Wrote: I actually know a lot of people who feel the same way. Cam has definitely risen to the occasion this year, showing himself to be one of the greatest (if not the greatest) quarterbacks in the League.

Yeah...I wouldn't go that far just yet. He's in a league which has at least two QBs (Tom Brady and Peyton Manning) who are consistently ranked in the top 3 of all time. Cam is great, but he's nowhere near that kind of level yet. If he wins the Super Bowl, and I hope he does, then he'll definitely be on the way up, but this is still only his first trip to the Super Bowl.

(January 30, 2016 at 11:17 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: The 'Conference' is silent... Tongue

Damn it, I'm usually good at avoiding those...
Tibs, you gotta root for the team that beat you. That way you got beat by the best.*

*(This rule does not apply when the Patriots beat you in the AFC Championship game.)
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I predict the Patriots will not win.

I'm fucking Nostradamus.
(January 30, 2016 at 11:41 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Tibs, you gotta root for the team that beat you. That way you got beat by the best.*

*(This rule does not apply when the Patriots beat you in the AFC Championship game.)

Screw that, I'll never root for the Denver Donkeys. I rooted for Seattle two years ago, and I'll root for Carolina this year. Tongue
(January 31, 2016 at 12:57 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I predict the Patriots will not win.

I'm fucking Nostradamus.

Even if the Patriots had made it to the Super Bowl, that prediction would probably be accurate. The Panthers team is on point this year. The Patriots were all over the place (especially our O-line).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Superbowl predictions Brian37 22 1776 February 13, 2023 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Best Superbowl commercial EVER! Brian37 12 1441 February 4, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: brewer