Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 7:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Um. Is It Just Me or
Um. Is It Just Me or
does anyone else see the fundamental flaw here?

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/20...efire.html

Quote:US, Russia agree on plan for cease-fire to halt Syria fighting

Quote:U.S. officials said Monday that the United States and Russia have agreed on a plan for a ceasefire in Syria starting Saturday that would exclude attacks on the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and Al-Qaeda's local affiliate.
RE: Um. Is It Just Me or
Well I'll bite but I'm always agreeable to being corrected here, but I'm assuming that Russia and the US aren't shooting at each other because if they would be, I highly doubt they would be using Syria as their battleground. So, I fail to see the point in how their plan is going to actually do anything.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I'm guessing that the flaw is that a 'cease fire' means that all parties involved should cease firing. Clearly, that's not the plan.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Ding....ding....ding... we have a winner!

Big Grin 

I'm just dying to know how we are going to figure out who is who when we can't do that now.
Tell me again, why you are surprised by fundamental stupid decisions that can't work?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
It's called 'leadership'.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 23, 2016 at 5:00 pm)abaris Wrote: Tell me again, why you are surprised by fundamental stupid decisions that can't work?

I don't know if this even manages to rise to that level.  Somehow, it seems worse.
I'd be surprised if the cease fire prohibits the Russians from shooting at the factions they say they are not shooting at but really are.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 23, 2016 at 6:37 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I'd be surprised if the cease fire prohibits the Russians from shooting at the factions they say they are not shooting at but really are.

'Pravda' means 'Truth'.

Right, Ivan - pull this one, it's got bells on.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Political theater staged to make a fig leaf.