Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is Life?
God is Life?
Hello!  FSM Grin

It seems to me one can point out "Life" (the sum of all living) as the God of many people...

Some say God aka the Great Spirit "sees everything" and "hears everything". I know only of one type of being that has perceptions : living beings. The sum of all living beings sees everything that is seen. It hears everything that is heard...

Other say God knows everything and is omnipotent. Isn't Life clearly a phenomenon that tends to become all-knowing and omnipotent? Is it impossible that some day our offspring will be all-knowing and omnipotent? Maybe not individually, but on a collective scale... And Life is capable of everything : Life knows how to "eat mud"; it knows how to breath in water; it knows how to feed 20000 leagues under the sea; it knows a lot of things... since every living being is an incarnated knowledge. 

Then, other say God (Vishnu) is the Creator (Brahma), the Protector (Vishnu) and the double-faced Destroyer (Shiva / Rudra who represent constructive destruction and gratuitous violence, so to say). I know only one thing that has creative, protective and destructive behaviours : Life. Life creates lifeforms through the process of creating solutions to master the environment. Life protects it's integrity, values,... Life destroys, sometimes with a constructive purpose, sometimes for no reason at all... 

Is it possible some humans considered Life sacred and that it were a mystery to explore? And if the God of our forefathers was Life and not some excentrical old bearded spaghetti monster, could genetics be the Revelation that was promised to them? The vast majority of the history of the planet was written over the last few decades. Everything that was covered in darkness has now been revealed by this science...

Would you say that you are an ennemy of Life or that you don't believe in Life?  FSM Grin
RE: God is Life?
WTF?

You should probably spend more time trying to get laid.  This other shit seems to confuse you.
I... didn't understand that!

I don't think anything is God, I think it's a meaningless human construct with no basis in reality.

I do think life is extremely important, in fact it's the only thing that matters as far as I am aware.

I don't think we'll ever know everything, I think many things are beyond scientific enquiry.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
You're not fooling me that easily.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
Life does definitely not can everything...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Why mislabel "life" as "god"? well technically you can slap on the label of god onto anything, but just because you can doesn't mean you should.

And no, I won't stop believing in life just because you slapped on a different label on it, it is not the label that bothers me but the idea behind the label.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I disagree with your premise and therefore do not have an answer.

I think you and Lil Rik need to get together. (insert Twilight Zone music here)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Looks at post count, considers the possibility of trolling.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(February 26, 2016 at 2:45 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: Why mislabel "life" as "god"? well technically you can slap on the label of god onto anything, but just because you can doesn't mean you should.

And no, I won't stop believing in life just because you slapped on a different label on it, it is not the label that bothers me but the idea behind the label.

Even m&m's?
"My imagination makes me human and makes me a fool; it gives me all the world and exiles me from it."

Ursula K. Le Guin
Let's consult the fly. Made by god to feast on shit and annoy every other creature on Earth. If the fly likes it, then the fly is the chosen species. If the fly hates it then god's a huge fucking prick. Either way, not much can be said for the cunt you call god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bashing God for the Misery of Life WinterHold 47 6086 June 27, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, vaahaa 19 2825 September 18, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  An eternal life is a worthless life. Lucanus 47 12443 December 24, 2014 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19414 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - thunderhulk 30 7875 December 16, 2013 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - Jaya Jagannath 15 6291 October 19, 2013 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Jackalope