Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Independent Lens, James Randi
Independent Lens, James Randi
Just saw this last night on PBS. Thought some of you might find it interesting.

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/video...nest-liar/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Independent Lens, James Randi
Video not available in my area due to rights restrictions!

Shame, I love me some Randi.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Independent Lens, James Randi
Yeah, I watched that documentary long time ago. It is kind of a run trough James Randi's career and it is interesting, but I think his activism against superstition is much more powerful in documentary he did ages ago for Nova "Secrets of the Psychics" which is available on youtube. Also apparently maker of "Honest Liar" documentary said that some "big shots" in movie industry called him after the doc to purchase rights of some of Randi's famous debunking operation like Project Alpha hoax to make movies about them.
And also I'm eagerly awaiting his autobiography which is supposed to be titled "Magician in his laboratory" or something like that.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  James Randi: Why you can't prove a negative Cyberman 1 1626 October 26, 2011 at 1:39 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  James Randi - Epic Interview Cyberman 2 1461 September 23, 2011 at 4:42 am
Last Post: ElDinero
  James Randi on Homeopathy and other things.. Darwinian 1 1444 March 16, 2010 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Violet
  ACA Lexture series - Dr. James Dee - The 2 christmas stories in the bible leo-rcc 0 1987 December 22, 2008 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc