Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 5, 2024, 4:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hmm...Unanimous Ruling.
Hmm...Unanimous Ruling.
Apparently this power-grab was too blatant even for the nazis on the court to stomach.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/05/us/pol...c=rss&_r=0

Quote:The Supreme Court on Monday unanimously ruled that states may count all residents, whether or not they are eligible to vote, in drawing election districts. The decision was a major statement on the meaning of a fundamental principle of the American political system, that of “one person one vote.”

As a practical matter, the ruling mostly helped Democrats.
RE: Hmm...Unanimous Ruling.
My wife and I were discussing this at dinner.  When I mentioned that it was unanimous she said "if no one else wrote a dissent, Clarence Thomas is to lazy to write one himself."

Sometimes she comes out with a good one.
(April 4, 2016 at 2:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Apparently this power-grab was too blatant even for the nazis on the court to stomach.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/05/us/pol...c=rss&_r=0

Quote:The Supreme Court on Monday unanimously ruled that states may count all residents, whether or not they are eligible to vote, in drawing election districts. The decision was a major statement on the meaning of a fundamental principle of the American political system, that of “one person one vote.”

As a practical matter, the ruling mostly helped Democrats.
That's nothing new.  The racists who wrote the Constitution counted slaves and white women for political purposes even though they couldn't vote.  Don't the dummies ever read the damn thing?  Maybe they are simply illiterate.
Well, if old Antonin weren't snuffed out by Obama operatives with pillows, he'd have voted to count us negroes as 3/5 of a person. You know, since the Constitution isn't a living and breathing document and whatnot.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(April 4, 2016 at 9:31 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Well, if old Antonin weren't snuffed out by Obama operatives with pillows, he'd have voted to count us negroes as 3/5 of a person. You know, since the Constitution isn't a living and breathing document and whatnot.
Good riddance to that piece of crap.  Too bad there isn't a hell because he deserves to be in it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another SCOTUS ruling that is also very scary. Brian37 19 1531 June 27, 2022 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Cecelia